However, unlike the E2, the new Z CAM E2-M4 has interchangeable lens mount supporting EF and PL. This is a user-serviceable upgrade/feature, which appears to be done with just 4 screws on the front in a similar way you’d do it on a RED camera.
Furthermore, Z CAM is sweetening their E2 camera line-up with an upcoming Direct Streaming ability to popular social media platforms, which is huge!
Z CAM E2-M4 4K Cinema Camera Features
- 4K DCI (4096 x 2160) up to 120fps
- 4K 2.4:1 (3840 x 1620) up to 160fps
- 4/3″ WDR CMOS sensor (19.0 x 13.0 mm)
- Interchangeable lens mount
- EF, PL, M Mounts
- 13 to 15 stops dynamic range
- (16 stops with WDR enabled)
- ProRes RAW & 12-Bit Color Support
- Apple ProRes 10bit internal
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- for live streaming & camera control
- iOS app for live preview
- Direct RTMP/RTMPS, and SRT live streaming
- to Facebook/Youtube and others
- Price: $1,499 USD (pre-order at B&H)
- Shipping: June, 2020
The new E2-M4 is priced at just $1,499 USD and it looks like it is slated to ship sometime in June 2020.
And finally, the company has announced price drops to their 6K Full-Frame E2-F6 and E2-S6 S35 models. The Z CAM E2-F6 is now $500 cheaper for a new price of $2499, and the S6 gets a whopping $1,000 USD price reduction.
The Z CAM E2-S6 is now $3,999 USD after the price adjustment.
- Z CAM E2-F6 – now $2,500 ($500 savings, was $2,999)
- Z CAM E2-S6 – now $3,999 ($1,000 savings, was $4,999)
Learn more over at Z CAM.