Vaxis has officially launched their long-awaited ATOM 600 KV wireless video system specifically designed for the RED Komodo 6K camera.
A few months ago, we wrote about the initial announcement, however it has taken some time for Vaxis to improve their initial design and make a few changes based on early feedback.
Dedicated Wireless Video Transmitter for RED Komodo
The Atom 600 KV can tirelessly transmit 1080p/60 video at up to 600 feet line of sight, with very low 0.08s latency. And unlike your average wireless video transmitter, it has a built-in V-mount battery plate and additional I/O.
ATOM 600 KV Wireless Video with Integrated V-Mount Plate – Quick Features
- Dedicated Wireless Video System for RED Komodo
- Transmit Full HD 1080p wireless video up to 600 feet range
- Less than 0.08s latency
- SDI / HDMI loop-out
- Built-in HDMI & SDI signal converter
- Connect HDMI accessories/monitors/EVF and more
- Adjustable Horizontal / Vertical V-mount battery plate orientation
- Real-time smart app monitoring
- Compatible with all VAXIS Wireless RX
- including the latest ATOM 500 SDI
- Send wireless video to up to 3 mobile devices via WiFi
- Supports 13 channels, auto channel scan and selection
- Smart fan for temperature control
- OLED screen for easy information access
- Scan QR code to monitor
- Firmware upgrade via a smartphone app
- Pass-code protection
- Audio-video 100% in sync
- Switchable Modes:
- Image priority / Latency priority
- Supports up to 1080p60/1080i 60 video
- USB-C port for firmware upgrade and 5V/2A power output
- Pre-order: $749 USD from B&H Photo
HDMI Output and SDI In / Out
It mounts directly into the Canon BP battery slots of the RED Komodo, and also features an OLED display, power pass-thru, and SDI/HDMI loop out. That last one – HDMI output is a big deal since the KOMODO lacks an HDMI output of its own.
Moreover, this allows many users to mount 3rd party budget EVFs or HDMI-only monitors to their RED Komodo camera rig. This opens quite a few possibilities for RED Komodo owners.
In addition, the Atom 600 KV has a built-in smart fan, which can be turned on or off. This feature can be very useful in mission critical sound situations.
Wireless Video to up to 3 Smart Devices
You can send a wireless video signal (via WiFi) to up to 3 smart phones or tablets running the VAXIS Vision iOS app (Android version is in the works), or alternatively to a VAXIS wireless receiver. The ATOM 600KV is compatible with the latest ATOM 500 SDI system (and the rest of the VAXIS family).
Horizontal/Vertical V-mount plate Orientation
One of the main requests on the initial Atom KV 600 posting on the reduser forum was that a lot of users wanted the ability to use the V-mount plate vertically.
And, Vaxis has delivered – users now have the option to rotate the V-mount plate horizontally or vertically depending on their style or preference.
Pricing and Availability
The new VAXIS ATOM 600 KV is priced at $749 for the TX only version.
Alternatively, you can purchase the the ATOM 600 KV Kit, which also comes with the ATOM 500 SDI RX for $999. Both are currently available to pre-order directly from Vaxis or authorised dealers such as B&H Photo in the US.
For more info head over to the Vaxis Global website here.