Budget accessories maker Vaxis has just announced the new ATOM 500 SDI wireless video system. The company wireless system is priced at just $459 USD and is capable of transmitting a 1080/60p signal to up to 500 feet line of sight. It consists of a compact transmitter and a receiver.
Unlike the current HDMI-only ATOM 500 model, the new Atom 500 SDI has both 3G-SDI and HDMI connectivity making it even more versatile. Furthermore, the ATOM 500 SDI/HDMI transmitter operates in the license-free 5GHz spectrum and is capable of transmitting visually lossless, H.265 video signal with a low-latency of less than 0.08s.
You may recall that Hollyland recently launched their Mars 400S PRO, which has a similar latency and range. Read more about the Mars 400S Pro here.
Expanded Connectivity for HDMI and SDI cameras
With its SDI connectivity the ATOM 500 SDI will be very suitable to cameras like the URSA Mini G2, and the RED Komodo.
And speaking of the newest RED camera, a few months ago, Vaxis had announced a dedicated wireless accessory for it – the Vaxis ATOM 600 KV, which you can read more about in our prior post here.
Vaxis ATOM 500 SDI – supported video resolutions/frame rates:
- via SDI:
- 1080p at 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60 fps
- 1080i at 50, 59.94 fps
- 720p at 60 fps
- via HDMI:
- 1080p at 24, 25, 30, 50, 60 fps
- 1080i at 50, 60 fps
- 720p at 60 fps
Compact, Sleek Design with Multi-Power Options
And even better, each of the TX and RX features a bright, clear OLED display in addition to a cooling fan that can be turned OFF in more sound-critical environments.
Furthermore, both the receiver and transmitter of the ATOM 500 SDI can be powered either via the built-in USB Type-C connector with the included cable or by using a Sony-style NP-F battery. Firmware upgrades are also done via the USB-C connection.
Vaxis ATOM 500 SDI Wireless System Features
- 1080/60p wireless signal at up to 500ft range (line-of-sight)
- operates in license-free 5GHz spectrum
- Less than 0.08s latency H.265 transmission
- TX: SDI input/HDMI input
- RX: SDI input/HDMI input
- Patented compact design, internal antenna
- TX and RX same size – quality aluminium metal design
- OLED screen, raised buttons, convenient menu
- Powered via USB-C and NP-F battery, hot-swap between sources
- Send wireless video via Wi-Fi to up to 3 x smart devices with Vaxis Vision app
- Smart fan control (AUTO Fan/Fan Off options)
- Support 13 channel
- Audio-video 100% in sync
- Mode switch between Image Quality priority and Latency priority
- Password protection
- Auto-scan and manual channel selection
- Pre-order: Vaxis ATOM 500 SDI at B&H
You can pre-order the Vaxis ATOM 500 SDI at B&H for $459 (the kit includes 1 x TX and 1 x RX).
For more specifications and details head over to Vaxis’ website here.