Tokina Cinema USA has released their 2021 show reel with some outstanding footage captured with their Cinema Vista large format lenses.
In addition, according to Ryan Avery, VP of Tokina Cinema USA, there’s quite a few shots in there filmed with the RED Komodo.
Moreover, the reel is comprised of footage shot with the Tokina Cinema Vista Primes range, the Tokina 11-20mm T2.9, Tokina 25-75mm T2.9, 50-135mm T2.9, or Tokina 100mm T2.9 Macro.
He recently shared the latest Tokina reel in the RED Komodo Facebook group, and according to some of the comments the dirt bike shot at the 1:53 was shot with the RED Komodo. Can you identify other shots with the latest RED camera?
RED Komodo featured in the latest Tokina Cinema Reel 2021
The company recently announced the 65mm T1.5 addition to their Vista primes range.
For those not yet familiar with Tokina’s large format cine offerings, the full set of Tokina Cinema Vista primes are excellent lenses rated for 8K+ high resolution capture. This is in line with the latest “large format” sensors including, but not limited to the Sony VENICE, RED Monstro 8K, and Alexa Mini LF.
Furthermore, the Tokina Cinema Vista range includes a total of 9 lenses:
- 18mm T1.5 / 25mm T1.5 35mm T1.5 / 40mm T1.5 Cinema Vista
- 50mm T1.5
- 65mm T1.5 Cinema Vista
- 85mm T1.5
- 105mm T1.5 and
- 135mm T1.5
Furthermore, these lenses feature an area of illumination that will cover larger formats up to Alexa65 2:1 Open Gate. With a large image circle of 46.7mm, the Tokina Vista primes go “beyond full-frame” and cover just about any full-frame/large format digital sensor up to the Vista Vision format.
And last, but not least, the Tokina Cinema Vista primes have interchangeable lens mounts, with support for ARRI PL, EF, MFT, Sony E, and the new ARRI LPL mount.
Tokina Cinema Vista Primes Features
- Large image circle 46.7mm
- Covers Full-frame, VistaVision and RED Dragon 8K VV
- Fast maximum aperture of T1.5, great for low-light and other difficult scenarios
- Newly designed cine glass
- Pleasant image character, even wide open and fully-closed at T22
- 9 blade aperture design for pleasing, rounded bokeh
- almost no breathing between focus pulls/no image shift
- Focus scales on both sides
- 114mm front on all lenses across the range
- 112mm screw-in filter front (except for 18mm)
- Shimmable lens mount
- Robust construction
- Interchange-able lens mounts: ARRI PL, LPL, Canon EF, Sony E, MFT
Check out the Tokina Cinema Reel 2021 featuring their Vista Primes below:
To explore all Tokina cine lenses and their full technical specifications head over to their website here.
via Ryan Avery/Tokina Cinema USA