Teradek announces Bolt 4K LT MAX, their latest addition to their award-winning 4K HDR wireless video systems with up to 5,000 feet range.
Needless to say the Bolt 4K LT MAX features the familiar Bolt 4K family rugged and compact form factor built to last on any set. Furthermore, the new model is powered by the revolutionary 3rd gen Amimon 4K chipset, thus ensuring compatibility with the entire line-up of Bolt 4K, Bolt 4K LT, and Bolt 4K monitor modules.
Up to 5,000 feet range and 10bit 4K HDR on-set monitoring
Building on the exceptional functionality and compact footprint of the Bolt 4K LT family, the MAX version supports unlimited receivers and received a significant boost in range.
“The Bolt 4K LT line is the on ramp to 4K and HDR on-set monitoring, but it has been missing an ultra long-range powerhouse,” said Greg Smokler, GM of Cine Production at Creative Solutions.
“We’ve taken the pocket-sized envelope of the 4K LT and packed in the incredible long-range performance of the full Bolt 4K MAX, resulting in the perfect balance of size and performance.”
In addition to the range increase from the previous generation Bolt 3000 system (from 3,000 feet to 5,000 feet when in broadcast mode – more on that later), Bolt 4K LT’s visuals also got a boost, finally enabling True 10bit HDR on-set monitoring.
Moreover, thanks to a redesigned wireless chipset and RF hardware sending 10-bit 4:2:2 video at up to 4K UHD up to 30fps via HDMI and 1080p/60 via SDI, Bolt 4K LT MAX provides sharper images and richer color detail.
Bolt Manager App
Bolt 4K LT MAX contains built-in connectivity to Android and iOS devices. The Bolt Manager app allows for quick pairing, configuration, and enhanced encryption.
“Our goal with the Bolt 4K LT MAX is to deliver the most compact, long-range 4K HDR video solution on the market,” said Smokler.
“The increased range, design and image quality may get all the press, but future-proofing, interoperability, and security are just as important to our industry. Those details are ultimately what inspire confidence and trust in both our new and long time customers.”
Bolt 4K LT MAX Quick Features
- Zero-Delay 4K Wireless Video
- up to 1080p/60 and 4K/30 with less than 1ms of delay
- Broadcast Mode
- up to 5,000 feet range line of sight (requires Array 4K Panel Antenna)
- up to 3,000 feet range in Standard Mode
- Connect Unlimited Receivers
- True HDR Colour – 10bit 4:2:2
- Solid Reliability – even in the toughest RF environments
- Universal Compatibility with Bolt 4K series TX/RX
- Bolt 4K LT MAX Transmitter:
- Input: 1x HDMI 2.0 (up to 4Kp30), 1x 3G-SDI (up to 1080p60)
- Output: 1x 3G-SDI (up to 1080p60)
- RX – Receiver:
- Output: 1x HDMI 2.0 (up to 4Kp30), 2x 3G-SDI (up to 1080p60)
- Gold mount or V-mount Battery Plates (optional)
- with pass-through power available RX.
- Camera Metadata
- Send start / stop flags, timecode, and other ancillary data over the wireless link. On the receiver side, upload and apply custom 3D LUTs to monitor each take with the look you’re after.
- Bolt App for iOS and Android
- Remotely pair units, configure settings, and utilize all of Bolt 4K’s features from any iOS smartphone or tablet.
- The Bolt App uses Bolt 4K’s integrated Bluetooth to give you all of its settings in the palm of your hand. *LUT/Color processing is not available via the Bolt App
Bolt 4K LT MAX Technical Specifications:
- Supported Resolutions
- 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) – 23.98/24/25/29.97/30 (HDMI only)
- 480p50 576p59.94/60
- Video Inputs
- 1 x 3G-SDI SMPTE 424M standard/75 Ohm BNC,
- 1 x HDMI 1.4b Type-A receptacle
- Video Outputs
- 1 x 3G-SDI SMPTE 424M standard/75 Ohm
- SDI Ancillary Data Support
- Supports transmitting metadata, timecode, and start/stop flags from most camera manufacturers.
- Colour Sampling:
- SDI: YCbCr 4:2:2, 10-bit
- HDMI: RGB 4:4:4, 8-bit
- Signal Delay TX To RX: <0.001sec
- Input Cross Conversion:
- Yes, HDMI to SDI – 4K/30p HDMI input is scaled and looped out as 1080p30 on SDI loop-out
- 48kHz 24-bit PCM
- Embedded SDI/HDMI Audio Input (2 Channel)
For full technical specifications do head over to Teradek’s dedicated page here.
Pricing and Availability
- Teradek Bolt 4K LT MAX 3G-SDI/HDMI Wireless TX – $5,990 pre-order at B&H
- Bolt 4K LT MAX Wireless RX (Receiver, Gold mount) – 5,690 pre-order at B&H
- Bolt 4K LT MAX Deluxe Set Gold or V-mount – $11,990 pre-order at B&H