Sound Devices releases firmware update v7.30 for its 8-Series recorder/mixers, which also brings the SD-Remote app to Android smartphones.
Other new features in the latest update include SuperSlot support of the Sony DWR-S03D dual-channel receiver and a host of bug fixes and other improvements.
Sound Devices also recently released firmware update v7.20 update, which you can read more about in our post here. To find out all the new features in the massive v7.0 update also check out this post.
What’s new in Firmware Update v7.30 for 8 Series
- Android support for SD-Remote app.
- Android phones running Android 7 Nougat or higher connect via Bluetooth LE to 8-Series recorder mixers such as the Sound Devices 833.
- SD-Remote APK now available at sounddevices.com for Android users without access to the Google Play store.
- SuperSlot support of the Sony DWR-S03D (running firmware v1.10 or later).
- False Take, Delete file/folder, and format media confirmation pop ups now default to highlighting ‘Cancel’ to avoid accidental activation.
- Progress bar now displays the status of file and folder copying.
- Scale lines have been added to RF Level History on the SuperSlot Rx screens.
- Changes to Wisycom MCR-54 menus to accommodate changes made in v1.7.
- Squelch Mode menu no longer has an ‘Off’ option.
- Display Off Timeout menu now displays values in seconds.
- Improved speed of displaying results of a Wisycom MCR54 RF Group Scan.
- MacOS alias, Windows shortcuts, and Linux links files (files created by a computer when mounted as a mass storage device) are no longer displayed in the Take List, Load Global Settings, or Controllers Mapping Load menu.
To download the latest v7.30 firmware update and for full details on all changes head over to Sound Devices’ website here.