Sound Devices announces A-15PIN adapter for A10-RX slot-in receiver that works with Sony’s proprietary slot for wireless receivers.
In addition, this collab between Sony and Sound Devices is a first for the industry. For the first time ever, a 3rd party wireless system is able to natively slot into Sony cameras and pass 2 channel digital audio with no extra cables. Moreover, the A-15PIN is supported by new firmware version 3.00 for the Audio Ltd A10-RX slot-in.
First 3rd Party Wireless Slot-in System to be Compatible with Sony Camcorders
Many Sony camcorders feature Sony’s proprietary slot, which was exclusively compatible with Sony DWX/UWP wireless slot-in receivers. Also, the A-15PIN 15pin D-type cradle extends compatibility to the Audio Ltd A10 Digital Wireless System.
Furthermore, the A10-RX is affixed to the A-15PIN and then screwed to the wireless slot on the Sony camcorder or extension unit.
“We are very excited about the collaboration with Sony as it allows Audio Ltd A10-RX users to use their existing two channel digital receivers in Sony camcorder slots and extension units without the need for cumbersome external cables,” said Kishore Patel, VP of Sales at Sound Devices.
Also, it should be noted that this adapter requires firmware v3.0 for A10-RX. To download the latest firmware visit www.audioltd.com/resources/firmware-downloads.
What’s New in Firmware v3.00:
- Supports the A-15PIN adapter for Sony’s proprietary wireless slot.
- Connects an A10-RX directly to Sony camcorders/extension units and sends two channels of AES digital wireless audio.
- When connected to the camcorder via the A-15PIN, the A10-RX receives power and powers up and down with the camcorder.
- Works with the following Sony Cameras:
- PXW-Z750, PXW-Z450, PXW-Z400, PXW-X320
- PMW-400, PMW-500, PDW-850
- Sony FX9 (requires XDCA-FX9 extension unit)
The newest update to companion application Mic2Wav, version 3.00, allows sound professionals to connect to their A10-RX in its A-15PIN via USB.
This enables the transfer of User Group files and updating of the A10-RX. To download Mic2Wav v3.00, visit www.audioltd.com/resources/mic2wav
To learn more about the A-15PIN, visit www.audioltd.com/a-15pin/.
via Sound Devices.