Sony VENICE users can now download the Technicolor Look Collection with 22 LUTs designed for the top-echelon CineAlta camera.
Furthermore, the new Technicolor Look Collection for Sony VENICE allows cinematographers to leverage the wealth of experience of Technicolor colorists in their productions. And the best news about the Technicolor Look collection is that it is free to download. In addition, these looks can be used for on-set monitoring, as well as be applied in post-production.
Free LUTs for Sony VENICE by Technicolor
On-set monitoring with the VENICE also offers camera operators and DPs to take advantage of the new, proprietary .ART file system. This is one of the file types included in each of the looks in this LUT library. Sony enabled the VENICE specific .art files with firmware v6.0 for VENICE.
At the moment .art files are not compatible with other Sony cameras.
Some seriously talented colorists from Technicolor’s impressive roster who contributed to this initiative include:
- Anne Boyle (The Princess Switch: Switched Again, The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair, The Little Prince)
- Doug Delaney (Your Honor, Black Monday, Captain Marvel)
- Jason Fabbro (Making a Murderer, Servant, Lost Transmissions)
- Maxine Gervais (Between Two Ferns: The Movie, Richard Jewell, Pacific Rim)
- Sparkle (The Orville, Supernatural, The Big Bang Theory
See some examples of these Looks below:
VENICE Technicolor Look includes four file formats:
- REC. 709 .art files – use to load in-camera for improved on-set monitoring (Legal range output)
- REC 709 .cube files – for post-production and SDR delivery
- 1000N_d65p3_PQ .cube files – use in post-production for HDR delivery
- XYZ .cube files – for in post-production for theatrical delivery
The Technicolor Look Collection for VENICE, as with LUT workflows in general, is typically meant as an aid to help productions envision where the final look is going. Most productions will choose to do final color grading after the picture edit is locked and VFX shots are added.
You can download the Technicolor Look Collection for VENICE via this link.