Sony has just released RAW Viewer v3.5 update with support for ART Generator with VENICE v6.0 firmware and more. Additional features in the latest update include sharpness control for Sony VENICE when recording in X-OCN RAW and support for ACES v1.2 with ACEScct.
What is Sony RAW Viewer?
Available for both Windows and MacOS users, Sony RAW Viewer is a software app that can handle Sony RAW as well as X-OCN files recorded by VENICE, F65, PMW-F55/F5 as well as the Sony FS700 cameras paired with a compatible Sony raw recorder (AXS-R5/R7 etc).
Sony RAW Viewer allows you to playback the RAW files, view and edit metadata, apply de-squeeze to anamorphic aspect ratios, and also prepare raw files for further editing and grading by applying look controls to exposure, tint and more.
With the latest v3.5 update, VENICE users get support for .ART files (Advanced Rendering Technology) used in the Technicolor Look Library. Sony “.ART” files are more accurate 3D LUTs for monitoring in-camera and in post, which have been specifically tailored for VENICE. They can also by applied in the VENICE viewfinder with the latest v6.0 update for the camera.
- Sony VENICE
- F65, F55, F5
- Sony FS7, Sony FS7M2, FS5, FS700, FS700R
Sony RAW Viewer v3.5 Update Details:
- Added support for ART Generator for VENICE firmware v6.0
- Support for FUJINON Premista series ZEISS eXtended Data with VENICE
- Added support for VENICE Gyro, User frame line metadata
- Sharpness control for VENICE RAW/X-OCN
- Support ProRes viewing functionality
- Support Undo/Redo on Gamma Editor
- Update to ACES V1.2 with ACEScct
MacOS and Windows System Requirements
- Mac OS:
- macOS High Sierra(10.13) / Mojave(10.14) / Catalina(10.15)
- 64-bit HDD: 500 MB + free disk space
- CPU: Intel Core i7, Xeon (Nehalem and later)
- Memory: 6GB or more
- GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5000 series or NVIDIA GeForce GT750M series later
- Windows OS:
- Windows 8.1 / Windows 10 November 2019 Update / May 2020 Update
- 64-bit HDD: More than 500 MBytes of free space
- CPU: Intel Core i7, Xeon (Nehalem and later) Memory: 6GB or more
- GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7000 series later NVIDIA GeForce 500 series later
You can download RAW Viewer v3.5 from Sony’s website here.