Attention Sony FX9 owners! Sony is releasing Firmware v2.0 later today – a month earlier than expected.
Sony FX9 users have been patiently waiting for months for the firmware v2.0, which adds significant features to the camera. Furthermore, new functionality includes full-frame DCI 4K/60p Eye AF, 3D LUT support, and many more.
Sony FX9 Firmware v2.0 New Features/Functionality
New Recording Resolutions and Frame Rates:
- DCI 4K/60p (4096 x 2160) recording (oversampled)
- uses a 5K full-frame crop to downsample to 4K (DCI)
- DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) at 23.98/25p/29.97p from 6K FF
- S35 4K crop mode
- Super 35 mode DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) recording up to 60p
- 16-bit RAW output (using XDCA-FX9 extension unit)
- Full HD up to 180fps slow-motion
- *up until now camera can do 120fps max.
- S35 2K crop mode – improved quality
- Custom 3D LUTs support – users can upload 17-point or 33-point 3D LUTs
- Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG)
- 6G-SDI output support
- Change settings from the status screen
- Some settings can be modified from the status screen
- Items can be selected using the multi-function dial, multi selector, or via touchscreen
- ISO expanded to 102,400 max
- When gain in dB, you can configure values up to 27dB
- AF improvements:
- Eye AF support added
- When Focus Area is set to Flexible Spot or Zone, the focus area frame can now be moved using touchscreen
- AF transition speed and AF subject shift sensitivity can now be assigned to assignable buttons
- In Cine EI mode, Face/Eye detection AF performance has been improved in S-Log3.
Download Sony FX9 Firmware update 2.0
You can download firmware v2.0 from Sony’s website here from 11PM Pacific time today, Sep. 10th 2020.