STOP PRESS!!! Sony has just officially revealed the date for the Sony a7s III announcement! It’s all going down on 28th July 2020 at 10 AM EDT!
Save that date and prepare your bank account and/or credit cards!
Here are some of the rumoured specs according to SonyAlphaRumors.com.
Sony A7s III Rumored Video Specifications:
- New 12 MP sensor
- 4K/120fps and Full HD/240fps
- 10bit 422 on-board codec
- 4K/120fps Raw Output via HDMI
- Atomos will need to come up with a new recorder for this
- 15 stops Dynamic Range
- Base ISO 160 in Slog-3 (I believe this is either a misprint or an error on part of the source) my believe is that the base ISO will be 1600, not 160. But we’ll see for sure on 28th July.
- Passive cooling – with some sort of vent on the side for heat dissipation
- No overheating issues (let’s pray for that)
- Dual UHS-II card slots
- Price unknown
What do you want to see in the new Sony a7s III?
[via Sony Alpha Universe]