Popular budget lens maker Sirui adds a third anamorphic lens to their line-up – the new Sirui 24mm f2.8 1.33x anamorphic lens. Some of you may recall, we told you about this lens a few weeks ago and now Sirui has officially launched the specs and also launched their crowdfunding campaign.
Needless to mention, the newest wide-angle anamorphic lens follows in the footsteps of its older brother and sister lenses – the Sirui 35mm and 50mm 1.33x, meaning it has been designed for APS-C sensors.
Sirui 24mm Anamorphic in Fuji X, MFT, Sony E, Canon EF-M mounts
Furthermore, the Sirui 24mm 1.33x Anamorphic lens will be available in a variety of mounts including Sony E, Micro Four Thirds, Fuji X, and more. And of course, being an anamorphic lens, albeit a very affordable one, it does feature classic Anamorphic characteristics such as stretched oval bokeh and streaked lens flares.
Check out some sample footage in the paragraphs below and see what you can expect from this lens.
Also, some of you may also recall that UK lens specialists MTF Services also offer a custom RF mount conversion for the 35mm and 50mm Sirui anamorphic lenses. And we have our fingers crossed they do the same with the new 24mm.
This means that you could potentially use this lens on the RED Komodo and Canon EOS C70 4K cameras.
Metal Build and Super-Close Focus Distance
Much like its siblings, the Sirui 24mm f2.8 anamorphic lens features a sturdy built with an all-metal body. In addition, Sirui has managed to keep the front filter thread at 77mm, which is quite a common filter size. Moreover, the lens barrel is non-rotating which allows for easy use of variable ND and other filters.
Another impressive feature of this lens is its 0.6m minimum focusing distance and that’s without the need for diopters, something that many Anamorphic lenses need to focus up close.
SIRUI 24mm f/2.8 Anamorphic 1.33x Specs:
- Focal length: 24mm
- Maximum aperture: f/2.8
- Minimum aperture: f/16
- Lens structure: 13 elements in 10 groups
- Aperture blades: 8
- Sensor Coverage: APS-C
- Focus Method: Manual Focus Only
- Shooting distance: 0.6m (2 ft) – infinity
- Focus method: Manual focusing
- Maximum magnification: 1:21.99 (V), 1:29.07 (H)
- Front Filter Diameter: 77mm
- Rotation angle of the focus ring: 189.6 degrees
- Max. diameter: 74mm (2.91 inches)
- Diameter of focus ring: 64.6mm (2.54 inches)
- MFT Mount: 770g/1.70lbs
- Sony E-Mount: 780g/1.72lbs
- Fuji X Mount: 780g/1.72lbs
- Canon F-M Mount: 780/1.72
- Nikon Z Mount: 810g/1.79lbs
- Total length (lens cap not included) (mm/inch):
- MFT Mount: 124.9/4,92;
- Sony E-mount: 126.1/4.96;
- Fuji X Mount: 126.4/4.98;
- Canon EF-M Mount: 126.1/4.96;
- Nikon Z Mount: 128.1/5.04
Sirui also released their IndieGoGo launch video, which you can check out below:
Price and Availability
According to SIRUI, their newest 24mm 1.33x anamorphic lens is due to start shipping later this month.
Furthermore, you can now save 25% off the retail price of $999 USD, by heading over to their IndieGoGo campaign and snatch one of their early bird specials at $749.