Sigma has just released Sigma fp firmware v2.00 with expanded RAW support over HDMI, cinemagraph creation and playback, and more. In addition, firmware update v2.00 adds the ability to playback CinemaDNG footage in camera, and also improves autofocus as well as fixes a few bugs and issues.
Furthermore, the Sigma fp is a quirky little camera with a full-frame sensor, native L mount and super-compact body design. It has some really interesting features such as Director’s viewfinder option and internal raw recording.
Blackmagic RAW and ProRes RAW Support
And with the new firmware update v2.00 it will be able to output a signal over HDMI that can be recorded as either ProRes RAW or Blackmagic RAW on compatible external recorders from Atomos and Blackmagic Design.
Sigma fp Firmware v2.00 Details:
- Create a Cinemagraph and Cinemagraph playback
- CinemaDNG footage playback
- Still capture during live view and movie shooting in Cine mode
- Still image capture
- from movie files (CinemaDNG, MOV) shot with the SIGMA fp
- HDR in movie shooting
- Still and movie shooting in Director’s Viewfinder mode
- Supports DCI 4K/24 and 30p 12bit / HDMI Raw output
- RAW over HDMI recording with Atomos Ninja V
- **A free AtomOS firmware update for Ninja V is required
- Support for Blackmagic RAW codec over HDMI
- with Blackmagic Video Assist 12G models*
- Camera movement control is compatible with ZHIYUN Weebill S gimbal*
- will require a firmware update on Weebill-S from Zhiyun
- Camera control in USB mode
- SDK to be released for third parties in July
Check out this trailer for the short film ‘Sin-Sin’ captured with the Sigma fp.
Other Updates and Enhancements Firmware v2.00
- Supports Dual Base ISO (ISO 100 and 3200)
- Improved Auto Focus performance
- Improved accuracy with evaluative exposure metering
- Better image quality
- New Support for UHD 25 and 29.97 fps CinemaDNG (UHD 12bit)
- CinemaDNG 1080p/100 fps (12bit)
- Supports CinemaDNG 100 fps and 119.88 fps (FHD 8bit and 10bit)
- “OFF” option now available in Color mode
- Exposure adjustment now available in QS (Quick Set) Menu
- Tone control setting now available during movie shooting
- Supports USB Video Class (UVC) setting adjustments while the fp is connected to USB
- Time code generation support
- Compatible with BWF format
- Supports file size changes at aspect ratio 7:6
- Optional shutter sound effect
- Bug Fixes:
- Flickering phenomenon in dark video footage has been corrected
You can head over to Sigma’s website here to download firmware v2.00 for Sigma fp.
The Sigma fp is currently priced at $1,799 USD at B&H (link here), which includes a $100 discount.