Latest promotional short piece shot on Sony a7s III by gimbal extraordinaire Brandon Li shows off the camera’s impressive low-light and image stabilisation!
The Sony a7s III is easily one of the most, if not the most exciting camera releases of 2020. And the year is not over yet, however Sony may have another winner on their hands judging by the latest promotional clips that Sony has been releasing.
Strong 10bit Internal Codec
In the latest one – ‘Crossroads’ by gimbal master (and exceptional creator) Brandon Li, really demonstrates what a single camera operator can do with this amazing camera.
Furthermore, the Sony Alpha 7s III greatly benefits from the new 10bit 4:2:2 internal codec, which is able to harness the power of Slog3. Thus giving you an impressive dynamic range usually found on much more expensive cameras.
Impressive Image Stabilisation Performance
Moreover, the Active Mode on the IBIS provides an even smoother experience at the cost of a small (1.1x) crop. Shortly after the announcement last month, I pre-ordered the camera, and I cannot wait to get it in my hands.
Sony a7s III Features
- 12.1 MP full-frame EXMORE R back-illuminated CMOS sensor
- 759-point Fast Hybrid AF
- both Contrast and Phase Detect
- 4K/60 and 4K/120fps internal in 10bit 4:2:2
- Internal 4K XAVC-S I 10-bit 4:2:2 codec
- 4K XAVC-HS H.265 codec
- Records onto CFexpress A or SDXC cards
- CFexpress A required for high frame rates and top codecs
- Dual CFexpress A slots (with built in SDXC card support)
- 4K/60 RAW output via HDMI
- to Atomos Ninja V (ProRes RAW), support coming soon
- Near zero rolling shutter
- Max ISO 409,600
- 5-Axis IBIS (In-Body Image Stabilization)
- with Active Mode (1.1x) crop
- Full-size HDMI type A output
- USB Type-C (USB 3.2 Gen 1)
- 9.44m dot QXGA OLED EVF
Check out the behind the scenes below: