RODE has released the next big firmware update – version 2.1.2 for their all-in-one podcasting studio RODECaster Pro.
Some of you recall the beta version of this update was released back in April, and now RODE are unleashing the full production version of firmware update v2.1.2 to RODECaster owners.
Major new additions in this firmware includes MIDI control support, new sound pad modes for temporarily muting guests and bleeping audio.
For the full details on everything that’s new in the latest update, do check out the paragraphs below.
What’s new in RODECaster Pro Firmware Update v2.1.2:
- RODECaster Pro can now be used as a USB MIDI controller opening up a huge range of creative opportunities for podcasting and streaming, such as:
- DAW synchronisation in multitrack recording sessions
- vision switching capabilities, and more.
New Sound Pad Modes:
- “TRASH TALK” mode makes it possible to mute the output to remote callers on the USB, smartphone, and Bluetooth channels.
- “SWEAR BUTTON” – gives users the ability to instantly bleep out audio in real time.
ASIO Driver for Windows
- ASIO driver for ensuring a stable connection when using the RODECaster Pro with DAWs such as Cubase and Adobe Audition on Windows computers.
Support for International Languages
- Users now have access to 9 international languages from the LED touchscreen display including:
- German, Spanish, Italian, Korean, Chinese, French
The All-In-One Podcasting Solution for Video Creatives
In a nutshell, the RODECaster Pro makes it possible for podcasters and video creators to use high-quality professional XLR microphones and combine them with the broadcast quality processing of the RODECaster Pro and get professional results.
In addition to its professional audio processing capabilities, the RODECaster Pro offers multiple sound pads with built-in presets, tactile control with faders, the ability to have guests call-in through bluetooth paired smartphone and much more.
To download the latest firmware, head over to RODE’s support page here.