RODECaster Pro firmware 2.1 update builds upon previous firmware updates, and now includes full control over processing. In addition, firmware update 2.1 brings new editing and export options, expanded multi-track recording, and much more.
Back in April, Rode Microphones released a beta version of this update, which gave podcasters a preview of what’s to come in the new official release.
And of course, RODE has implemented a lot of the feedback from their user base, who got to try out firmware 2.1 beta prior. See a summary of the new features and expanded functionality below.
RODECaster Pro Firmware 2.1 Key New Features:
- Granular Control over Processing Parameters:
- You can now adjust and tweak all parameters of the compressor, noise gate, de-esser, APHEX Aural Exciter and Big Bottom, and high-pass filter.
- Advanced editor can be turned off.
- Master Bus Compressor
- adds a combined output of your RØDECaster Pro, including each mic input, the smartphone, USB and Bluetooth channels, and the sound pads.
- Ensures an overall balanced mix, but over-tweaking can make things sound unnatural. Can be turned off.
- Broadcast-Style Metering
- Users now have the option to include broadcast-style level meters with precise dBFS markers to each of the channels on the home screen
- This also provides greater control over recording levels.
- Companion App Effects Editor:
- Advanced parameter tweaking straight from your computer
- and also a new firmware updater
- Sound Pad Overdubbing
- Audio that has been loaded onto the sound pads can now be overdubbed, allowing you to create layered sounds, record voice-overs, create custom ad rolls and more.
- Post-fader Multitrack Recording
You can learn more about Firmware update 2.1 for the RODECaster Pro in this excellent walk-through video from RODE below:
And finally, you can dive deeper into the new functionality of the RODECaster Pro at RODE Microphones’ blog post here.