RODE Microphones has announced the RODE Wireless Go 2, now with a dual channel receiver, two transmitters, and increased range.
Hailed as “the world’s smallest and first truly wireless microphone” the new Wireless GO II is an ultra-compact and extremely versatile wireless microphone system, which includes a dual channel receiver and two transmitters.
Likewise, this feature makes it perfect for situations where you want to mic up two subjects but use only one receiver, thus simplifying your audio workflow.
Just like the original Wireless Go, the 2nd generation features transmitters with a built-in mic in addition to a 3.5mm input for a lavalier.
The Wireless GO 2 works with just about any mirrorless or DLSR camera (as well as higher end cameras) and smartphones.
Extended Range – up to 200 meters
Furthermore, the new generation comes with extended range of up to 200m line of sigh and improved transmission stability, and internal recording capabilities.
Wireless GO II Quick Features
- Dual channel wireless system – record 2 sources at once
- 2.4GHz digital transmission
- 128-bit encryption
- Extended range up to 200m (line of sight) optimised for extremely stable operation in dense RF environments
- 3.5mm TRS Analog output, USB-C and iOS Digital Output
- Universal compatibility with cameras, mobile devices and computers
- Internal, on-board recording with 24+ hours of internal memory
- Mono or stereo recording modes
- Record each channel separately or
- Combine them for ultimate flexibility in post-production
- Safety channel, flexible gain control (3-stage pad, expandable to 10-stage)
- In-built rechargeable lithium-ion battery – up to 7 hours battery life
- Price and Availability: $299 USD (in stock at B&H)
You can learn more about the Wireless GO II specs and features below:
Pocketable Form Factor
Much like the predecessor, the new Wireless GO 2 retains the same pocket-friendly form factor with the transmitters and receiver weighing less than 32g. The kit comes with a handy carry pouch while the clip design makes it quick and easy to mount onto clothing or your camera cold shoe.
Also just like the first gen, Wirelss GO II also uses a 2.4GHz digital transmission with 128-bit encryption delivers.
Each transmitter features a high-quality in-built omnidirectional condenser capsule. As mentioned above, each transmitter also has a 3.5mm input for a lav microphone. And furthermore, the Wireless GO II is also supplied with twist-and-lock furry windshields for recording in windy or adverse weather conditions.
RODE Central Companion App
Also new for the Wireless GO II is RODE’s new companion app – the RODE Central. It allows users to access advanced features such as access to device preferences, optimise and export recordings, activate and deactivate functions, and update the firmware. Furthermore, the app is free and compatible with both Mac and Windows.
With RODE Central users get access to a safety channel, which records a second track at -20dB in case the main audio clips. Other features include a mute lock and a fine gain control which expands the 3-stage pad to a 10-stage pad.
On-board, internal recording
Each Wireless GO II transmitter can record audio internally onto its built-in memory. It’s not expandable, however, RODE says it has enough internal memory to store over 24 hours of compressed audio and 7 hours of uncompressed audio.
This feature is activated as soon as you start rolling and gives instant backup in case of interference or signal dropouts.
And taking things further, as soon as you drop the audio files in RODE Central, you’ll even be able to see exactly where any dropouts happened.
Pricing and Availability
- Wireless GO II – $299 at B&H, available now and in stock
- Wireless GO II with 2 x lavalier mics – $456
For more info and full technical specifications head over to RODE’s website here.