RODE Microphones releases RODE Connect – a free podcasting and streaming software to use with their NT-USB Mini microphones.
Leaders in the podcasting space, RODE have been quite successful with their RODECaster Pro mobile podcasting studio, and now they are taking things a bit further.
The new software gives video creators the ability to connect up to four RODE NT-USB Mini mics to a single computer, RODE Connect is perfect for anyone who wants to create professional-quality podcasts the easy way.
In addition, the software comes with an intuitive recording interface inspired by the RODECaster Pro featuring broadcast-style faders, level metering, mute button, multi-channel recording and more. This gives users complete control over your podcast recording.
RODE Connect – Not just for Podcasters
However, the new software opens more creative opportunities beyond traditional podcasting.
Seamless integration of external audio sources also makes RODE Connect ideal for gamers looking for a simple way to route audio for a livestream including chat applications, gameplay sound, mic audio and more.
And probably the best part about the new RODE Connect software is that is completely free to use.
All you need to get started, is to download the app via the link above, plug in your NT-USB Mini, and start podcasting/streaming.
RODE Connect – Highlights and Features
- Connect up to four NT-USB Minis to a single computer – no complex routing required
- Completely free to download with versions for both Mac and Windows
- Access to the NT-USB Mini’s powerful digital signal processing including a noise gate, compressor and the legendary APHEX Aural Exciter and Big Bottom
- Fully featured recording interface, complete with broadcast-style faders, level metering, mute buttons and more
- Virtual channels for seamlessly connecting remote guests, integrating streaming applications, adding music beds and much more
- Automatic mix-minus on every channel for crystal clear, echo-free audio
Supercharge your NT-USB Mini mics
RODE Connect unlocks the full potential of the NT-USB Mini. The software harnesses the powerful digital signal processing of the mic that gives you access to four different processors:
- a compressor and noise gate
- the legendary Aphex Aural Exciter and Big Bottom effects that are found in the RØDECaster Pro and in the world’s top broadcast studios.
- All of these are accessible at the touch of a button and will make your voice shine.
RODE Connect has some serious potential for streamers and gamers who want to simplify their audio setup. It offers more streamlined control over your microphone audio and external applications, plus dedicated output controls for streaming apps like OBS or Xplit. Thus, making setting up livestream audio easier than ever.
Diver deeper into the tricks and features of RODE Connect with the video below:
To learn more head over to RODE’s website here.
via RODE Microphones