RED has just released Komodo firmware update v1.5.0 beta with the highly anticipated Anamorphic support and lots of other cool features! You can now download the free firmware update via the link at the bottom of this post.
Firmware v1.5.0 is a major update, which brings lots of features for multi-cam, livestreaming, and more. Last week, Jarred Land teased the update, which was due for release last week, but had to be put on hold temporarily to get some bugs ironed out. In any case, the firmware is officially out today for all to download. See what’s new in the paragraphs below.
Apart from support for various anamorphic lens aspect ratios, firmware v1.5.0 beta also brings a 2:1 aspect ratio. This was the preferred aspect ratio for legendary cinematographer Vittorio Storaro, and now you too can channel your inner genius in 2:1.
RED Komodo Gets Anamorphic Support in Firmware v1.5
Furthermore, other new features that will be of interest to many include 4 channel audio and new live stream tools. Multi-cam productions get cross-sync support for Genlock and other useful updates.
In addition, those using Canon RF lenses with the RED Komodo will be glad to see support for the RF lens control ring.
Offload Files Wirelessly from the RED Komodo via Wi-Fi (firmware v1.5)
With the latest firmware update, RED Komodo can generate an FTPS (File Transfer Protocol Secure) network via Wi-Fi or through use of the LINK ADAPTOR with a USB-C to Ethernet adapter. This is huge as it allows you to offload your files wirelessly and even upload LUTs to your camera.
And, last but not least, the more affordable ExAscend 512GB and 1TB CFast cards are now added to the Approved cards list. Check out the full details of the latest firmware below.
RED Komodo firmware update v1.5.0 Beta Details:
- 6K Anamorphic R3D support
- requires REDCINE-X PRO v52.3 or later
- 2:1 aspect ratio in 6K
- New Livestream Tools and Magnify support
- Added FTPS support for remote offload
- via Wi-FI or Link Adapter with USB-C to Ethernet adapter
- 4 channel audio support
- Added Wi-Fi Scan support
- Added Prism Viewfinder mode
- Canon RF lens control ring support
- RF Lens focus range switch not currently supported
- Cross-sync support (e.g., Genlock 30P, SDI 60P)
- Added BWAV support for off-speed audio
- Static IP support to Infrastructure mode
- New CFast Cards to the approved card list:
- Fixed intermittent ‘Error loading clip’ in playback
Download firmware v1.5.0 beta for RED Komodo via this link here.