Budget monitor and EVF maker Portkeys has teased a trio of upcoming monitors including BM5 III, 5.5 inch LH5P, and BM5 III WR. The current Portkeys BM5 II monitor is quite popular with BMPCC 6K/4K users, among many others, thanks to its attractive price and huge range of pro features.
Although the full specs on the upcoming BM5 III and the WR version (which apparently stands for wireless control) have not yet been released, the new LH5P monitor has already popped-up on Portkeys website.
Portkeys LH5P vs LH5H on-camera monitor
- The main differences between the current Portkeys LH5H and the new LH5P, according to Portkeys: – the new LH5P has a slightly larger 5.5-inch touchscreen, (which retains the 1700nit brightness), and a more rugged aluminium casing.
Portkeys LH5P 5.5-inch monitor Features
- 1700nit touchscreen display, 5.5-inch
- 1920 x 1080 resolution and 10 bit color depth
- Aluminium metal housing
- 4K HDMI Loop-out function
- Built-in Bluetooth module
- wireless control for BMPCC 4K/6K
- 3D LUT support
- Pro monitoring functions:
- Waveform, Zebra,
- Check Field, Grids,
- Audio Meters, Image Flip, and more
- Power via NP-F batteries or 5V input for power banks
- Pre-order: $399 USD from Portkeys
Portkeys BM5 III and BM5 III WR monitors
- 5.5-inch touchscreen 1920 x 1080 display
- 2200nit high-brightness monitor
- 3D LUT support
- 4K HDMI loop-out
- 3G-SDI loop out
- Freeze frame
- Full aluminium body
- Color Calibration
- Wireless camera control (for BM5 III WR monitor)
- upcoming RED Komodo control firmware expected later in January
- BM5 III will support wired control for RED Komodo, while WR model – wireless control without a cable.
- Expected pricing: $499 USD
The new BM5 III monitor and the WR variant will be of particular interest to RED Komodo owners, although they will also support other cameras from Blackmagic, Sony and Panasonic as the outgoing BM5 II monitor.
We will bring you more details on these exciting new monitors as they emerge.