Monitor and camera accessories maker PortKeys introduces LEYE electronic viewfinder with 4K HDMI support for just $399.
The super-compact EVF supports 4K/30p video signal via a full-sized HDMI type A connection from a huge range of cameras. The LEYE EVF sports a 2.4-inch 8bit LCD display panel with 1440 x 900 resolution and 300nits brightness.
The Portkeys LEYE EVF appears to be a fantastic viewfinder solution for those working with mirrorless cameras, BMPCC 6K or 4K cameras, or even those willing to go through a SDI to HDMI converter boxes (such as the case in the RED Komodo, which has an SDI output, but not HDMI).
Cheap EVF for 4K HDMI Mirrorless Cameras
Furthermore, the LEYE EVF also has a few custom key buttons on top, a 5V USB port on the side as well as a DC port (7-24V) offering a few different options to power the device.
This gives camera operators plenty of options to power the EVF either via, USB power banks, or the included D-tap to DC cable for power via V-mount batteries or battery plates/distribution boxes.
The Portkeys LEYE EVF also offers a solid build with CNC aluminium back for extra durability as well as an ON/OFF button.
Adjustable Diopter and 3D LUT Support
For those of us with glasses, using EVFs can often be a real pain, however the new Portkeys LEYE viewfinder offers a loupe with a very decent -3D to +8D diopter adjustment. This means you can optically adjust the magnification via the Red Oak Diopter Swivel to match your eyesight when looking through the EVF without eyeglasses.
Moreover, the LEYE EVF also offers 3D LUT support in addition to a huge range of exposure and focus assist tools including Histogram, Peaking, False Colour, and more.
PortKeys LEYE EVF – Quick Features and Specs
- 2.4-inch LCD (1440 x 900) effective resolution
- 8bit colour depth
- 1100:1 contrast ratio
- 300 nits brightness
- 4K HDMI support – up to 4K/30p
- 1 x Full Size HDMI type A input
- CNC machined metal rear cover
- Various mounting solutions:
- ARRI Positioning, Nato Rail, 1/4-20 mounting thread
- Round Sponge Eye Mask
- prevents direct sunlight from burning the LCD screen.
- Red Oak Diopter Swivel
- +8D to -3D adjustment
- 3D LUT support
- Pro monitoring, Exposure and Focus Tools:
- Luma Waveform, Histogram,
- Peaking, Guides, Tints, Audio Meters,
- False Color, Zooming, Zebra, Grids, and more
- Power: DC 7 – 24V / USB 5V
- Firmware upgrade-able via USB
- Dimensions: 106 x 70 x 78mm
- Price: $399 USD
Also included is Round Sponge Eye Mask to cover prevent sunlight from burning the LCD through the loupe when EVF is not in use.
PortKeys LEYE 4K HDMI EVF – What’s in the box?
- 1 x LEYE EVF
- 1 x full size HDMI Right-angle adapter
- 1 x Sponge Eye Mask
- 1 x USB stick for firmware updates
- 1 x Power Cable (D-Tap to DC) so you can power the EVF from V-mount or distribution box
Pricing and Availability
You can order the Portkeys LEYE 4K HDMI EVF directly from Portkey’s website here for $399 USD.
According to Portkeys the unit is in stock and ships a couple of days after order.