Panasonic will release firmware update v2.0 for Lumix S1H on May 25th, which will enable a 5.9K and 4K ProRes RAW output via HDMI to Atomos Ninja V.
The firmware update will be free of charge, which is great news for Panasonic S1H owners.
When paired with the Atomos Ninja V, the Panasonic Lumix S1H will be able to output full-frame 5.9K/30p and Super 35mm 4K/60p RAW video data over HDMI. Furthermore, the output will be processed and saved as Apple ProRes RAW on the Atomos Ninja V 4K HDR monitor-recorder.
In addition, users will also be able to record 3.5K Anamorphic 4:3 in ProRes Raw. Panasonic commits to provide innovative solutions for professional film creation by enabling all S1H users to receive this firmware for free of charge.
Lumix S1H Firmware Update v2.0 Details:
- RAW output via HDMI – to ProRes RAW on Atomos Ninja V
- 5.9K full-frame 16:9 – 30p/25p/23.98p / 12bit
- 4K Super 35mm 17:9 – 60p/50p/30p/25p/23.98p / 12bit
- 3.5K (4:3) Anamorphic – 50p/30p/25p/23.98p / 12bit
- V-Log or Rec.709 is selectable on Live View monitor during RAW output.
- Shooting assist functions during RAW output:
- WFM (Wave Form Monitor)
- Vector Scope, Luminance Spot Meter,
- Zebra Pattern.
- Enhanced video functions/improved performance:
- Down-converted output over HDMI during 6K/5.9K/5.4K video recording.
- Disable Starting/stop video recording by pressing a shutter button – in Creative mode
- Set [Rec Quality(My List)] from the control panel in Creative Mode.
- The value of noise reduction in [V-Log] in Photo Style has been expanded to [-1].
- Prevent the enlarged view window of MF Assist to be output over HDMI.
- Fixed bugs:
- with colour banding appeared in 4:2:0/10-bit video.
- REC RUN time code did not count up when the video was not recorded on an SD Memory Card, but was recorded externally via HDMI.
For full details on the upcoming firmware head over to Panasonic here.
Lumix S1H Firmware update v2.0 will be available for download on May 25 here: https://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/dsc/.