Litepanels has just released firmware updates C5 and B2 for their Gemini 2×1 and Gemini 1×1 Soft Panel LED lights respectively. The latest firmware update gives Gemini users even more extended control for quicker access and more streamlined workflow on set.
The Gemini RGBWW LED Soft panels are quite popular in the industry as they offer a near perfect mix of excellent light quality, durability and professional control options and connectivity. Up until recently, Litepanels had an awesome deal on the 2×1 Gemini, which we covered in this post here.
Firmware Update C5 and B2 for Gemini – New Features:
- DMX Fast Select
- allows cinematographers and gaffers to quickly choose and operate popular DMX modes right from the main menu
- Bluetooth – extended CCT range control from 2700°K to 10000°K (iOS app update required)
- WDMX – hold mode and fan control added to CCT & HSI as well as CCT & RGBW modes
- DMX – Fan control for CCT & HSI as well as CCT & RGBW modes
- RDM – Personalities re-prioritized for more frequently used settings
- Apollo Mode – automatically configures Gemini to be quickly paired and controlled via Apollo WDMX bridge (more details to follow soon)
How to Update the Firmware on Gemini 1×1 and 2×1:
- Download the .zip file to your PC or MAC.
- Unzip the file and locate the .hex file inside the unzipped folder.
- Insert a USB drive into your computer and format as FAT or FAT16
- Copy the .hex file onto the freshly formatted USB drive
- Eject the USB drive from your computer
- Power on the Gemini, then insert the USB drive
- Push the “Menu” button, select “System” then select “USB” then select “Firmware update”
- Follow the screen prompts to complete the update
NOTE: The USB flash drive must be formatted using the FAT or FAT16 file architecture.
Also do note that, the LED indicator light next to the power switch will momentarily turn yellow, then alternate between red and green, then the Gemini will power up.
And last, the firmware update procedure should take less than a minute to complete.
Head over to Litepanels’ support pages here to download the latest firmware.