Apple has released Final Cut Pro 10.5 update optimizing native support for the latest Apple silicon Macs while dropping the “X”.
In addition, the new update adds new features such as proxy-only libraries to save you disk space and further optimizations for the latest MacOS Big Sur.
The newly announced Macs with ARM-based M1 chips offer significant power and performance advantages thanks to Apple’s in-house made chips. And now Apple’s own NLE – Final Cut Pro runs smoother and more efficient on both Intel-based and Apple silicon based Macs.
What’s New in Final Cut Pro 10.5 Update:
- Improved performance and efficiency for Apple silicon/M1-powered Macs
- Accelerated machine learning analysis for M1 chip Macs
- Automatic transcoding when copying or consolidating media
- create Proxy-only projects
- Export HLG HDR projects with Dolby Vision 8.4 metadata for better viewing on Apple devices
- Improves appearance of HDR thumbnails in browser and timeline
- Improved reliability when previewing built-in sound effects in the browser
Explore all new features, enhancements, and bug fixes in Final Cut Pro 10.5 head over to Apple.com