Budget gimbal maker Feiyu Tech announces their new and affordable Feiyu Pocket handheld gimbal stabilizer. Key features include 4K/60p, and 120fps slow motion in Full HD, combined with 3-axis image stabilized camera.
Nevertheless, the FeiyuPocket shares a striking resemblance to the DJI Osmo Pocket, many of you are familiar with already. However, the new Feiyu Tech pocket gimbal is $100 cheaper, selling for just $249 at B&H.
Feiyu Pocket Handheld Gimbal Features
- 4K UHD up to 60 at 120 Mb/s
- 2.7K/60p, 1080p/120, and 720p/240
- 3840 x 2144 still image capture
- Ultra-wide 120 degrees max FOV
- 6-axis hybrid image stabilization
- 1.3-inch live-view touchscreen display
- MicroSD card slot – up to 512GB cards supported
- Built-in battery (up to 3.5 hours at 4K/30, 4.5 hours in 1080p/60)
- USB Type-C charging port
- 360-degrees POV all-follow mode and two basic follow modes
- Quick Autofocus with zero delay
- Feiyu Cam smartphone app:
- compatible with iOS 9.0 or above, and Android 6.0 or above
- Built-in 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi (33′ max distance, 16′ optimal distance)
- Supported file formats: FAT32(32GB) and exFAT (64GB)
- 1/4″-20 tripod mount thread on the bottom
- Aluminium and ABS/PC construction
- Price: $249 at B&H
6-Axis Hybrid Stabilization
Also, the pocketable gimbal features a front-facing touch screen for more intuitive menu navigation. In addition, Feiyu Tech say their Pocket handheld gimbal features a new 6-axis hybrid image stabilization.
Likewise, this technology uses a combination of optical and electronic stabilization to smooth camera shake when running and walking around.
Feiyu Tech offer a few optional accessories such as a smartphone holder that clips onto the back of the gimbal for monitoring. As such, this add-on accessory is best used with a mini tripod attached to the bottom of the gimbal as a stand.
Companion App for Preview, Remote Control
The Feiyu Pocket connects over built-in Wi-Fi to the companion iOS/Android Feiyu Cam app, which provides real-time preview, remote control, editing and sharing features.
4K Stabilized Gimbal Camera for Your Pocket
Feiyu Pocket can record 4K UHD video at up to 60 fps at 120 Mb/s, 2.7K/60p, and 1080p at up to 120 fps slow-motion. Moreover, super-slow mo aficionados can drop the resolution to 720p to get even slower 240fps.
Stills capture of 3840 x 2144 resolution is also possible. Also, the gimbal features an USB-C port for charging the built in battery, which could last up to 3.5 hours when filming in 4K.
In addition, the pocket gimbal supports 360-degree “All-Follow” mode as well as a couple of more basic follow modes. Other features include Quick AF with zero delay and a host of creative functions via the companion app. Furthermore, those include:
- Motion time-lapse,
- Multiple auto-panorama modes
- Beauty mode for improving photos
- Intelligent sync motion, which syncs the gimbal with your hand motions.
You can buy the Feiyu Pocket handheld gimbal for $249 from B&H here.