DJI announces the new DJI Mini 2 foldable drone, now with a 4K camera, and OcuSync 2.0 wireless transmission technology. Dropping the Mavic moniker from its official name, the new Mini 2 is the successor to the popular DJI Mavic Mini.
And keeping up with the predecessor, the new DJI Mini 2 drone is featherweight at just 249g, which means you don’t have to register it.
Improved Image Transmission – OcuSync 2.0
The new Mini 2 comes with some excellent upgrades to vital flight performance features compared to Mavic Mini. This includes OcuSync 2.0, which ensures stable performance over long distance with a reliable connection between the remote controller and the drone.
Furthermore, dual-frequency technology automatically switches between channels to help against interference.
Increased Transmission Range
DJI Mini 2 has a maximum transmission range of 10km (around 6 miles) which is a 150% increase compared to the Mavic Mini. Moreover, the DJI Mini 2 comes with upgraded motors and a 31 minutes of flight time. The new foldable drone can also accelerate faster and also withstand winds up to 24mph.
DJI Mavic Mini 2 – 4K Camera, Frame Rates, and Sensor Size
In the video department, the big improvement is the new 4K video capabilities. And while the sensor is quite small, measuring at 1/2.3-inch, it can capture vivid 12-megapixel photos and record 4K/30p video at 100Mbps.
Additionally, you the drone can capture either JPEG or RAW images, while the camera is housed in a 3-axis gimbal, for shake and wind compensation.
Quick Shots and Panoramas
DJI Mavic Mini 2 Pre-programmed modes include QuickShots and Panoramas, which you can explore further below.
- QuickShots include:
- Dronie: the drone flies backward and upward tracking your subject
- Helix: drone flies up and away, spiralling around your subject.
- Rocket: flies straight up into the air with the camera pointing downward following your subject.
- Circle: circle around your subject at a constant altitude and distance.
- Boomerang: a boomerang-like oval flight path around your subject, starting and stopping video in the same place.
- Sphere: automatically captures 26 images and stitches them together.
- 180 degrees: 7 photos for sweeping landscape images.
- Wide-Angle: a wide 3×3 image consisting of 9 images.
Pricing and Shipping
The new DJI Mini 2 is available in two options.
- Standard package – $449 USD includes:
- DJI Mini 2
- 1 x remote controller and 1 x battery
- Pre-order at B&H
- Fly More Combo – $599
- 3 x batteries, 1 x charging hub,
- Carrying case and 1 x remote controller
- Pre-order at B&H
For more info and full specifications head over to DJI’s website here.