Canon has launched the much-awaited full version of their Canon EOS Webcam Utility streaming software for MacOS. Up until recently, the app was in beta.
There is also a full version for Windows users, which you can read more about in our post here. The EOS Webcam Utility allows Canon users to use compatible mirrorless or DSLR cameras as high-quality USB webcams for video conferencing or streaming.
You can download the full version for MacOS here. Keep on reading to find out what’s been improved since the beta version and which cameras are compatible.
Canon EOS Webcam Utility (MacOS): Changes from Beta to Full Version
- Compatible cameras expanded from 25 to 43 Canon models (see a full list of supported cameras below)
- Record video file in-camera to memory card by pressing record on camera, while streaming
- Now available to download outside the US as well.
Expanded list of compatible 3rd party software such as
- Zoom, Slack, Skype,
- Youtube Live, Facebook Live, Facebook Messenger
- Microsoft Teams
- Hangouts, Hangouts Meet
- Cisco Webex
- OBS, Streamlabs
Canon EOS Webcam – Compatible Cameras
- Canon EOS R6 / EOS R5 / EOS R / EOS RP / Ra
- EOS-1D X Mark III / Mark II / EOS-1D X
- EOS 5DS R / Canon 5DS
- Canon 5D Mark IV / Mark III / Mark II
- Canon EOS 6D Mark II / EOS 6D / EOS 7D Mark II / EOS 7D
- Canon 90D / 80D / 77D / 70D / 60D
- Rebel T8i / T7i/ T6s/ T6i / T5i / T3i / SL3 / SL2 / SL1 / T7 / T6 /T5 /T3 / T100
- EOS M6 Mark II / EOS M50 / EOS M50 Mark II / EOS M200
- PowerShot G5X mark II / G7X mark III
- PowerShot SX70 HS
How to Setup the Canon EOS Webcam for Mac:
Download the Canon EOS Webcam Utility for Mac
To learn more and also download the full version head over to Canon’s website here.