Canon’s EOS Webcam Utility, which allows you to use a Canon DSLR or mirrorless camera as a webcam via USB, is finally out of beta. The full production version of the software is now available to download for Windows 10 users.
In addition, Canon does also offer a MacOS version (read more about it here), which is still in beta. The Canon EOS Webcam Utility works with a huge range of Canon cameras.
Following feedback from the beta version users, Canon has expanded the camera compatibility list to include 42 models, including the most recent Canon EOS R6 and R5 cameras.
Changes from Beta to Full Version – EOS Webcam Utility (Windows)
- Compatible cameras expanded to include 42 models
- Record video file in-camera to memory card by pressing record on camera
Expanded list of compatible 3rd party software such as
- Zoom, Slack, Skype,
- Youtube Live, Facebook Live, Facebook Messenger
- Microsoft Teams
- Hangouts, Hangouts Meet
- Cisco Webex
- OBS, Streamlabs
Do check out the list below and find your camera (which is probably in the list).
Canon EOS Webcam Utility – How to Setup
Canon EOS Webcam – Compatible Cameras
- Canon EOS R6 / EOS R5 / EOS R / EOS RP
- EOS-1D X Mark III / Mark II / EOS-1D X
- EOS 5DS R / Canon 5DS
- Canon 5D Mark IV / Mark III / Mark II
- Canon EOS 6D Mark II / EOS 6D / EOS 7D Mark II / EOS 7D
- Canon 90D / 80D / 77D / 70D / 60D
- Rebel T8i / T7i/ T6s/ T6i / T5i / T3i / SL3 / SL2 / SL1 / T7 / T6 /T5 /T3 / T100
- EOS M6 Mark II / EOS M50 / EOS M200
- PowerShot G5X mark II / G7X mark III
- PowerShot SX70 HS
Head over to Canon’s support page here to download the software.