With the camera’s rumoured launch approaching cast, the Canon EOS R5 pricing may have already leaked!
In a recent post CanonRumors.com claim they have received a price list, which shows the Canon EOS R5 price at 4500 Euros. This translates to well over the expected $4K price tag, however, EU pricing often includes VAT and/or other taxes, which can be about 20%.
Will the Canon EOS R5 Cost 4500 Euros?
Therefore, the North American MSRP of the Canon EOS R5 may very well end up slightly below $4,000 USD. And considering the unprecedented features of the camera, a 4 grand price tag seems reasonable.
CanonRumors.com also reports a July 2 or 3rd as a possible official launch for the EOS R5. The camera is also rumoured to start shipping by end of July. Summer 2020 is certainly going to be hot!
What do you think the EOS R5 will cost?
Canon EOS R5 Video Features/Specs/Price
- 8K/30p RAW internal video
- 8K/30p internal video in 4:2:2 10-bit Canon Log (H.265)
- 4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ (H.265) also supported.
- 4K/120fps in 4:2:2 10-bit Canon Log (H.265)/4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ (H.265).
- Up to 4K/60p external recording is also available
- No crop 8K and 4K video capture using the full-width of the sensor.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF available in all 8K and 4K recording modes.
- Canon Log available in 8K and 4K internal recording modes.
- 5-axis In-Body Image Stabilization (IBIS)
- works with Optical IS equipped with many of the RF and EF lenses.
- Dual-card slots: 1x CFexpress and 1x SD UHS-II.
- Price: rumored at around 4.500 Euro/$4,000 USD
- Availability: End of July 2020?
CFexpress cards are certainly expensive at the moment, and you will need a lot of space for 8K raw video.