Canon is set to officially unveil the full specifications of their top-tier Canon EOS R3 full-frame mirrorless camera early next week.
According to a recent report by CanonRumors.com it is highly likely we’ll see the official EOS R3 unveiling with full and confirmed specifications on June 29, which is less than three days away.
Just a few weeks ago, Canon officially announced a few key features of the new camera such as 4K RAW video as well as Canon Log 3.
Of course, the upcoming Canon EOS R3 is targeting high-end sports and wildlife photographers, who need super-fast and accurate AF as well as the ability to take high quality video.
Canon EOS R3 Announcement – Tuesday June 29, 2021
Therefore, the new EOS R3 is said to feature a blazing fast AF with 30fps continuous shooting with AF/AE tracking. According to Canon, the camera will also sport a brand new, back illuminated full-frame sensor – a first for Canon.
And according to the latest report by CanonRumors.com the sensor will be a 30.1 megapixel full-frame chip, which is 50% more than the 20MP sensor in the 1DX Mark III DSLR.
Canon EOS R3 Specifications
- 30.1 Megapixel Canon-developed back illuminated stacked CMOS sensor
- 30fps with AF/AE tracking
- AF tracking of people, animals (including birds) and motorsports (racing motorbikes and racing cars)
- New Accessories Hot-Shoe with data communication
- Oversampled 4K Video
- 4K RAW internal and Canon Log 3
- Eye Control AF point selection
- Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- Capable of focus in light levels -7EV or lower.
- Uses Canon 1DX Mark III battery (LP-E19 battery)
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- 1 x CFexpress and 1 x SD card slot
- Highest level of dust and water resistance (1D X series level)
- Wi-Fi 5Ghz
- Pricing: TBD
- Availability: Late 2021