Canon has announced new C500 Mark II firmware update v220.127.116.11 and C300 Mark III firmware update v18.104.22.168 to be released end of next month.
Furthermore the upcoming firmware updates allow compatibility with Canon’s XC Protocol, which makes them better cameras for live productions. The XC Protocol will allow both the C500 Mk2 and Canon C300 Mk3 to be controlled remotely via Canon’s RC-IP100 remote controller or via 3rd party controllers.
12G-SDI and Monitoring Improvements
Another new feature in the upcoming updates relates to the 12G-SDI connectivity. Users can also limit the 12G-SDI output to 2K/FHD when recording in resolutions at 4K and above on both cameras.
In addition, this added functionality allows compatibility from the SDI Out port with 3G-SDI devices. Moreover, the new firmware updates will also enable users to use both the Monitor Out & HDMI output simultaneously.
And with this added functionality camera operators will have a total of 3 monitoring outputs to send a signal to an external device.
You can learn more about the details of the upcoming updates in the paragraphs below.
C500 mark II firmware v22.214.171.124 and C300 Mark III firmware v126.96.36.199 Details:
- Expanded 12-G SDI functionality
- users can limit 2K/Full HD to 3G-SDI devices, when recording in 4K or above
- HDMI and SDI Output at the same time
- New Anamorphic 1.8x de-squeeze option added
- New 4:3 Anamorphic and 6:5 Modes added to the Canon C500 Mark II
- LOOK LUT Function – bake in user uploaded LUT into your footage for quick turnaround productions
- 60p Pull-Down option added to 24 and 30p for broadcast/live events (C300 Mark III)
- Canon XC Protocol Compatibility
- remote control for live productions via Canon’s RC-IP100 controller
Check out this video by Canon to get a summary of the upcoming new features:
Canon says they will be releasing the new firmware update v188.8.131.52 for the C500 Mark II and C300 Mark III firmware update v184.108.40.206 on July 30, 2021.
Explore the Canon Cinema EOS line-up over at Canon’s website here.