Blackmagic Design has released Web Presenter 2.1 update with better latency when switching between mobile data and ethernet while streaming.
When streaming in low bit rates, this update make it faster to switch over to your mobile data if the ethernet connection is interrupted, and vice versa, giving you improved continuity in your stream.
Furthermore, v2.1 update also improves compatibility with Rec. 2020 video input signals, so you get reliable color representation and greater confidence when monitoring footage on set.
A phone icon is now visible when streaming via a tethered smartphone, giving you a quick visual confirmation that your mobile phone is connected and streaming.
This is a great back up in the event that your ethernet connection fails. Audio meters now reset to zero after disconnecting the audio signal, so you get accurate audio monitoring on your next stream.
Additionally, Blackmagic Design also added more international languages to the user manual, now available in 10 different languages.
Blackmagic Web Presenter 2.1 Update – New Features
- User manual now available in 10 languages.
- Improved switchover time between mobile phone and ethernet connection when streaming in lower bitrates.
- Fixed issue where phone icon was missing when streaming via tethered smartphone.
- Improved compatibility with Rec.2020 video input signals.
- Fixed audio meter display issue when disconnecting video input signal.
- Added support for Transport Layer Security 1.2.
Stream directly to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter
Announced last month in February alongside the Blackmagic Pocket 6K Pro, the new Blackmagic Web Presenter HD, is self contained streaming solution that includes a broadcast quality H.264 processor for direct streaming to platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and more.
Furthermore the unit features a compact design with built-in 12G-SDI input with down converter, letting you connect to HD or Ultra HD equipment and stream in full 1080p video. Also, the Blackmagic Web Presenter HD included is a built in front panel with LCD and menus, USB webcam features, plus a unique monitoring output with audio meters, streaming status and full SDI and embedded audio technical details.
Blackmagic Web Presenter HD Features
- Complete streaming solution for YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and other platforms
- Supports streaming via Ethernet or tethered phones via USB
- Built in broadcast quality hardware H.264 encoder
- Tethers to 5G or 4G phones for mobile remote streaming
- USB looks like a webcam allowing support for all video software.
- Monitoring output includes meters, trend graphs and SDI technical data
- Includes Web Presenter Utility software for Mac and Windows
- 12G-SDI input with down conversion for any HD or Ultra HD source
- Both AC and DC connections allows redundant power
- 1/3rd rack width design allows 3 streams in a single rack unit
To learn more download v2.1 update head over to BMD’s support page here.
via Blackmagic Design