Blackmagic Design releases Video Assist 3.4.1 update for 12G HDR and 3G models with various improvements including BRAW from Lumix S1H.
In addition, in this update, both the 3G and 12G HDR Video Assist models (both 5-inch and 7-inch versions) get scrubbing for individual clips and improved LCD color calibration.
Blackmagic RAW from Lumix S1H via Video Assist 12G HDR models
And as mentioned prior, those video creators using the Panasonic Lumix S1H can now connect them to Video Assist 12G HDR and record Blackmagic RAW. This gives them incredible detail and color throughout the production pipeline from camera to edit, color and mastering.
Furthermore, Blackmagic RAW saves camera settings in metadata so you can set ISO, white balance and exposure, then override them later while editing.
Do keep in mind, this also requires installation of the Blackmagic RAW 2.1 Beta 4 and DaVinci Resolve 17.1.1 updates to access the files on your computer.
New – Features Blackmagic Video Assist 3.4.1 Update:
- Added individual clip scrubbing and
- Improved LCD color calibration for the following models:
- Blackmagic Video Assist 3G (5-inch and 7-inch models)
- Blackmagic Video Assist 5″ 12G HDR and 7” 12G HDR
- Blackmagic Video Assist 5″ 12G and 7” 12G HDR:
- Added Blackmagic RAW recording from Nikon Z6 II and Z7 II.
- Blackmagic RAW recording from Panasonic Lumix S1H.
- Blackmagic Video Assist 5″ 3G and Video Assist 7” 3G
- 2K DCI video support now added
MacOS – minimum system requirements:
- macOS 11.1 Big Sur or Later
- macOS 10.15 Catalina or Later
Minimum system requirements for Windows
- Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit
- A suitable USB 2.0 port
via Blackmagic Design