Blackmagic Design released Video Assist 3.3.1 update with additional Blackmagic RAW support for the 5″ and 7″ Video Assist 12G HDR models.
Coinciding with the recent Blackmagic RAW update for Nikon Z6 and Z7 cameras, this firmware update allows Nikon users to connect them to Video Assist 12G HDR and record Blackmagic RAW, for extended flexibility in post-production.
Blackmagic RAW saves camera settings in metadata so you can set ISO, white balance and exposure, then override them later while editing.
Blackmagic Video Assist 3.3.1 Update Details:
New Features for Video Assist 12G HDRs and Video Assist 3G:
- USB connection now works as a webcam for streaming.
New Features for Video Assist 5-inch and 7-inch 12G HDR
- Support for Nikon Z6 and Z7 HDMI Blackmagic RAW recording
- Fix Blackmagic RAW metadata frame alignment when camera is set to Auto ISO.
New Features for Video Assist 5-inch and 7-inch 3G
- Added audio monitoring channel selection
- Support for XLR audio mapping to different channels (7-inch only)
- Added XLR external timecode (7-inch only)
Explore the previous Video Assist 3.3 Update here.
Head over to Blackmagic Design’s support pages here to download the latest update.