Blackmagic Design has just slashed 40% off the price of the URSA Mini Pro 12K, which you can now buy for US$5,995!
Announced last year, the URSA Mini Pro 12K was originally priced at $10,000 and was (and still is) unlike anything else out there. And that’s not just because it shoots 12K, which on the surface is absolute overkill, however digging deeper into the way the sensor works and the way it records color information, all of a sudden the 12K part becomes more than just marketing speak. Oh, and it also records 4K super-slow motion, and 8K in BRAW.
Blackmagic Design implemented their own, brand new sensor into the URSA 12K, which apparently they’d been working on for quite some time before releasing the camera last year.
You can check out some 12K footage by DP John Brawley, who’s shot a feature on the URSA 12K already, in this post here.
Also, those that want to catch up on the features and capabilities of the camera, can do so by checking out this blog post.
Here’s a brief statement from Blackmagic Design on the price drop:
Since we released Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K last year, we have been working hard to increase the supply of sensors and make improvements in our manufacturing processes to help reduce costs.
With the latest DaVinci Resolve 17.3 update that accelerates high resolution digital film on M1 Macs, now this new lower price for Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K will make high resolution acquisition more affordable as well. This means a much wider range of customers will have access to feature film production.
Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K is available immediately from Blackmagic Design resellers worldwide for US$5,995.
Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K Features
- 12K Super 35 (12,288 x 6,480) 80 Megapixels
- Full RGB/Non-Bayer Sensor
- optimised and developed for BRAW
- 14 Stops Dynamic Range
- Native ISO 800
- Records 12bit Blackmagic Raw only
- up to 900MB/s on 2 x CFast 2.0
- up to 500MB/s on 2 x SD UHS-II
- Resolutions/Frame rates:
- 12K 17:9 up to 60 fps at full-sensor
- 8K DCI up to 110 fps at full-sensor
- 4K DCI up to 110 fps at full-sensor
- 8K 2.4:1 and 4K 2.4:1 up to 140 fps
- 6K up to 120 fps (Super 16 crop mode)
- 4K up to 220 fps (Super 16 crop mode)
- Anamorphic Recording Modes
- 12K Anamorphic (7680 x 6408)
- 8K Anamorphic (5120 x 4272)
- 4K Anamorphic (2560 x 2136)
- Built-in 4 Stage IRND
- 2, 4, 6 stops (and clear)
- Designed for high-end cinema work
- 1 x 12G and 1 x 3G SDI outputs
- New Blackmagic RAW for real time 12K editing.
- Blackmagic RAW optimized for Metal, CUDA and OpenCL.
- Generation 5 Colour Science with new film curve.
- Recording Media:
- CFast 2.0 cards x 2
- SD UHS-II x 2
- or to SSD via USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 2 out
- New URSA Mini SSD Recorder ($395)
- Ships with PL mount
- EF and Nikon F also available (interchangeable)
- Price Drop Price: $5,995 USD now in stock at B&H