Blackmagic Design has just released Blackmagic RAW 2.1 update, now with support for Macs running the new Apple Silicon M1 processors. The latest update provides users with better performance when editing, performing color correction or creating visual effects in post production.
In addition, the new update adds desktop playback support for Blackmagic RAW clips captured on Video Assist 12G HDR recorder/monitors when using Panasonic full-frame mirrorless cameras such as the Lumix S5, S1H and S1.
Nikon cameras such as the latest Nikon Z 6II and Z 7II cameras with Video Assist 12G HDR BRAW recordings are also supported.
Furthermore, this update includes optimized CPU decoding for clips captured by Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K, giving you faster workflow and render times when working with these clips in DaVinci Resolve, especially when working on computers without a dedicated GPU.
Blackmagic RAW Player 2.1 New Features:
- Added native support for Apple Silicon on Mac
- Added optimised CPU decoding for clips captured by Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K
- Added Blackmagic Gen 5 Color Science Technical Reference document
- New support added for:
- Improved Blackmagic RAW Adobe Premiere Pro plugin – better performance and more stability
- General performance and stability improvements
Minimum system requirements for:
- Mac: macOS 10.15 Catalina or later
- PC: Windows 10 or later
- Linux: CentOS 7.3 or later
You can download Blackmagic RAW 2.1 Update from the official website here.