Blackmagic Design just released DaVinci Resolve 16.3 Beta 3 for those who own or are currently using the URSA Mini Pro 12K. In addition, this release includes support for Blackmagic RAW 2.0 Beta 3 which now supports MacOS, Windows and Linux.
And speaking of the 12K URSA camera, BMD also recently released a firmware update for it increasing the slow-motion frame rates.
Those working with URSA Mini Pro 12K files are required to use Resolve 16.3 Beta 3, as the regular Resolve 16 version will not import the files.
New Features/Bug Fixes in DaVinci Resolve 16.3 Beta 3:
- GPU memory reduction for 12K files
- (approx. 1/3 reduction – very important for Windows users)
- Gamut compression toggle added that can be applied to any gamut/colour science gen.
- ARRI Wide Gamut and LogC decode options added
- for those used to using those spaces in their workflows.
You can download Beta 3 from BMD’s support page here.
What’s new in HyperDeck Setup 7.1.2
Fix for the HyperDeck Studio Mini
- Improves color format metadata support in Ultra HD recordings.
No new features in 7.1.2 for other HyperDeck models.
Head over to the Blackmagic Design support pages to download this firmware.