Blackmagic Design has just released DaVinci Resolve 17 Beta 8 update adding support for the HDR grading palette with the Resolve Mini Panel. In addition, Beta 8 also improves deinterlacing quality and provides better handling of crossfades when trimming audio clips.
Furthermore, this update also adds support for Netflix loudness standards in the Fairlight loudness analyzer. Also, Beta 8 brings improved accuracy when displaying a range marked with in and out points on the Fairlight timeline.
More Improvements for HDR Workflows
There’s more updates for those editors and colorists working in HDR. Beta 8 improves HDR previewing when the Mac display color profile option is enabled. In addition, this update also provides better scaling during playback when using optimized media in performance mode.
DaVinci Resolve 17 Beta 8 Improvements and Fixes:
- Improved the following functionality:
- better de-interlace quality
- handling of alpha channel scaling in ACES and RCM workflows.
- copying grades and nodes in the Color page is now focus-based.
- timecode navigation and display on interlaced timelines.
- Fusion path maps with ability to open folders and expanded path displays.
- Added support for the following:
- for the HDR grading palette in the DaVinci Resolve mini panel.
- Netflix loudness standards in the Fairlight loudness analyzer.
- for non-parametric DaVinci CTL IDT and ODT formats.
- dragging stills to the viewer or node graph to apply grade.
- Fixed the following issues:
- Addressed an issue with audio recording on USB headsets when using a Blackmagic Design monitoring device.
- with adding and navigating keyframes from the inspector.
- issue with revealing synced audio in media pool.
- sorting by Scene or Camera # in the media pool.
- an update issue with clip names in the sync clips window when multiple clips from the same camera are used.
- fixed an issue where the place on top command would not work correctly with titles on the cut page.
- transition alignment when importing or exporting DRT files.
- handling Fusion effects on clips inside a compound clip
- where adding new Fusion templates would require an application restart.
- with disappearing crossfades when trimming the in point of an audio clip.
- with incorrect in-out range display on the Fairlight timeline.
- subclip extents created from interlaced clips.
- ResolveFX Video Collage would sometimes show outlines around tiles.
- incorrect flow context menu behavior on Linux systems in the Fusion page.
- macros with non-image outputs would sometimes show incorrect previews.
- incorrect HDR previews when use mac display color profiles was enabled.
- fixed incorrect scaling during playback when using optimized media in performance mode.
- fixed incorrect OpenFX settings behavior in the Color page when using Resolve Live.
- B-chain filters and delays would not work correctly in FlexBus projects.
- where using OpenCL on Linux would cause a crash.
- QuickTime files rendered with AAC audio would not contain audio for the first few frames.
- missing audio transitions when importing AAFs with a timecode offset.
- DaVinci Resolve Project Server and PostgreSQL are now in a separate installer.
- General performance and stability improvements.
To download the latest beta release of DaVinci Resolve, head over to Blackmagic Design’s support pages here.