Blackmagic has just released DaVinci Resolve 17 Beta 6 update, now with faster start-up times, plenty of bug fixes and other improvements.
In Beta 6, start-up times for systems with large audio plugin libraries are now reduced. In addition, the update also improves handling of interlaced clips with hardware decoding on certain Nvidia GPUs. Furthermore, this update also improves interlaced sub-clips with mismatched extents and provides better timeline performance when working with multiple subtitles.
Improvements and Fixes in DaVinci Resolve Beta 6
In addition, the latest update also includes improved external clip matte handling when composting. Another improvement is improved thumbnail rendering for projects upgraded from Resolve 16.
Moreover, DaVinci Resolve Studio users can enjoy an improved luminance output management, which prevents HDR outputs from exceeding maximum levels. Another improvement relates to updated scripting APIs to help you better integrate workflow and asset management systems with DaVinci Resolve.
DaVinci Resolve 17 Beta 6 – New Improvements, Fixes:
Addressed the following issues with:
- fixed long start-up time for systems with lots of audio plugins
- jittery playback for interlaced clips with hardware decoding on Nvidia GPUs
- mismatching extents for interlaced sub-clips
- fixed thumbnail resolutions for upgraded v16 projects
- opening projects using Resolve FX 3D Keyer created in 17.0 Beta 1
- where media pool entries in the Cut page would sometimes be incorrectly sorted
- where undoing an extend edit would sometimes fail for clips with transitions
- external clip mattes overriding media alpha in foreground composite mode
- fixed a performance issue with subtitle editing on timelines with lots of subtitles
- HDR outputs could marginally exceed maximum output luminance due to rounding errors
- a scaling issue when decoding Sony RAW clips using SLog3 or linear gammas.
- where copying compositions between Resolve and Fusion would sometimes lose Open FX nodes.
- incorrect labels for shape color controls in Fusion.
- the getclipproperty and gettakebyIndex scripting APIs.
Updated scripting examples to use new getclipproperty APIs.
General performance and stability improvements.
In addition, Blackmagic Design also released Resolve 17.1 Beta 6 for Macs powered by the latest M1 chips.
You can download the latest update from BMD’s support pages here.