Blackmagic Design has just released DaVinci Resolve 17.0 Public Beta 5 with improvements in HDR workflows and Fusion.
Furthermore, in Beta 5, Resolve now gets an improved FX keyer behavior and better handling of HDR media with Resolve Color Space Transform. Furthermore, the latest Resolve update also corrects rotation of proxy media when captured vertically.
Resolve 17 Beta 5 – Better HDR and Audio
In the Fusion page fixes include improvements in pasting or deleting Fusion tools when using dual screen presets and improved node behavior in Fusion viewer previews. And as far as Audio, which is a huge part of Resolve now, improvements include better CPU usage when switching to the Fairlight page, improved input meter behavior in the dynamics window and better rendering of multiple mono tracks.
In addition, Blackmagic Design also released DaVinci Resolve 17.1 Public Beta 5 for Mac M1 machines.
DaVinci Resolve 17 Beta 5 – New Improvements
Fixed the following issues and bugs:
- where clips with Resolve FX keyers would affect composition with tracks below.
- issue where HDR media with Resolve FX Color Space Transform would cause clipping.
- where timeline wipes on clips with temporal processing would sometimes cause a crash.
- with jumps in some color slider values when changed.
- issue with pasting or deleting Fusion tools when using some dual screen presets.
- where deleting nodes with expressions would freeze Fusion viewer previews.
- with waveform display for Media In nodes using the same audio track.
- with high CPU usage when switching to the Fairlight page.
- an issue with incorrect input meter behavior in the dynamics window.
- with rendering multiple mono tracks to MXF Op-Atom.
- an issue with mismatched video monitoring when using custom timeline settings.
- where proxy media would be rotated incorrectly for vertically captured video from phones.
- an issue with incorrect antivirus flagging of Resolve executables on some Windows systems.
- incorrect playback frame rates for interlaced projects.
- issue with incorrect battery indication for the Speed Editor on Linux systems.
- where clips would show offline frames if proxy media was missing.
- an issue where rendering in place multiple cuts from the same media would behave incorrectly.
- General stability and performance improvements.
You can now download the latest DaVinci Resolve 17.0 Public Beta 5 update from the Blackmagic support pages here.