Blackmagic Design has just released the latest DaVinci Resolve 17 Public Beta 3 update, adding plenty of improvements. Such include scroll support on the Color page when using DaVinci Resolve Speed Editor or the Resolve Editor Keyboard making it easy to quickly scroll through the timeline when color grading.
DaVinci Resolve Studio 17.1 Beta 3 for M1 Macs
In addition, Blackmagic Design also released DaVinci Resolve Studio 17.1 Public Beta 3, the universal app supporting M1 powered Macs. Furthermore, the Resolve 17.1 releases are compatible with macOS Big Sur on both platforms, and is initially only available for Mac with Apple M1.
DaVinci Resolve 17 Public Beta 3 update also adds audio improvements including better playback on the edit page, improved audio channel display for upgraded projects and sync and sample rate matching in FlexBus mode.
Moreover, the update also brings improvements to H.265 decoding on Big Sur, render in place and sub-clip handling. All in all, there are more than 50 general performance and stability improvements in the latest update.
Database management – Important
Do note that DaVinci Resolve 17.0 and 17.1 require a database upgrade from DaVinci Resolve 16.2.7 and previous versions. Blackmagic Design strongly recommends users back up their existing database (both DiskDB and PostgreSQL) and then restore that database for the upgrade before upgrading to this release.
DaVinci Resolve 17 Beta 3 – New Features, Improvements, and Fixes
- Support for the following:
- scroll in the Color page with the Speed Editor and Resolve Editing Keyboard
- for querying and setting individual timeline settings from the scripting API
- Fixed the following issues:
- changing camera raw properties in collaboration projects
- Magic Mask strokes would still be displayed after deleting tracking data
- Addressed an issue with incorrect face refinement results
- incorrect output when adjusting color temperature in an ACES project
- with distorted audio output on playback in the Edit Page
- where upgraded projects would not show audio channels for some clips
- where scene cut clips in upgraded projects would show out of sync audio
- fixed an issue where noisy audio when rendering multiple instances of the same bus in single clip mode
- issue with recording audio with mismatched sample rates in FlexBus mode
- with audio compressor behaviour in FlexBus mode
- with audio mapping for imported ATEM projects in FlexBus mode
- the B-Chain setup dialog in the Fairlight page
- incorrect Protools exports in some scenarios with audio clips having fades.
- fixed issues with decoding H.265 Main 12 clips in macOS Big Sur
- address an issue when revealing rendered in place clips in the media storage on Windows
- where media managing sub-clips of manually synced clips would sometimes cause a crash
- improved handling of SVG images in Fusion
- fixed an issue with increasing Fusion title or composition duration using the change duration dialog
- General performance and stability improvements
Head over to the Blackmagic Design support pages here to download the latest Resolve beta version.