Blackmagic Design has just released DaVinci Resolve 17.1 Beta 10 update with hardware accelerated encoding and decoding updates. This update comes just days after the full release of Resolve 17, which you can read more about here.
10bit H.265 Hardware Accelerated Encoding and Decoding
The major new feature in DaVinci Resolve 17 Public beta 10 is new support for hardware encode/decode of H.265 10-bit 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 codecs on supported Intel platforms.
In addition, the latest update brings improved functionality when importing AAF and XML interlaced timelines and better reliability when using node graph clean-up.
Blackmagic Design has been on a role lately. The Australian company recently also unveiled a new Pocket 6K Pro camera with built-in NDs and tilt screen. Other major announcements include the ATEM Mini Extreme and Extreme ISO video switchers.
Note for M1 Macs Users
The MacOS installer is a universal binary so is suitable for M1 and Intel based Macs.
The 17.1 Windows and Linux installers also available for download.
Minimum system requirements for macOS
- macOS 10.15 Catalina
- 8 GB of system memory. 16 GB when using Fusion
- Blackmagic Design Desktop Video version 10.4.1 or later
- Integrated GPU or discrete GPU with at least 2GB of VRAM.
- GPU which supports Metal or OpenCL 1.2.
Minimum system requirements for Windows
- Windows 10 Creators Update.
- 16 GB of system memory. 32 GB when using Fusion
- Blackmagic Design Desktop Video 10.4.1 or later
- Integrated GPU or discrete GPU with at least 2GB of VRAM
- GPU which supports OpenCL 1.2 or CUDA 11
- NVIDIA/AMD/Intel GPU Driver version – As required by your GPU
- A minimum NVIDIA driver version of 451.82 is recommended.
New Updates for DaVinci Resolve 17.1 Beta 10:
- Support for hardware accelerated encoding and decoding for:
- H.265 10-bit 4:2:2 codecs
- 4:4:4 formats on supported Intel platforms
- Support for decoding and encoding Grass Valley formats on Apple Silicon
- Addressed issues with:
- importing interlaced AAF and XML timelines
- cleaning up the node graph would work inconsistently
- General performance and stability improvements.
To learn more and download the latest Resolve 17.1 Beta 10 head over to the Blackmagic Design support pages here.