Blackmagic Design has just released DaVinci Resolve 16.2.3 update. The latest update to the popular NLE, adds some major improvements and fixes to various bugs.
Furthermore, macOS users can benefit from dramatically improved playback performance of Canon 1D X Mark III and Canon EOS R5 footage with Apple Metal. Also, for those working in HDR, DaVinci Resolve Studio 16.2.3 adds support for version 4.1 of the Dolby Vision CM algorithm.
Dolby Vision Improvements and Better Playback with ARRIRAW
Also, users get the benefit of having access to the latest version of DolbyVision alongside backward compatibility for generating v2.9 trims and exporting v2.9 XML from a new project.
In addition, Resolve 16.2.3 also sees improvements in playback performance and reliability of ARRIRAW clips. Moreover, the latest update also improves ACES IDTs with ARRI MXF clips, making colour management more accurate.
In the audio department in the Fairlight tab DaVinci Resolve 16.2.3 update also brings users a better rippling audio in trim mode. In addition it fixes display issues in the Fairlight index, fixes layering issues with cloned audio clips, and now correctly moves tracks over linked audio tracks.
Fusion users will find improvements to Fusion Text+ shading, working with gradients, more consistent previews and more.
DaVinci Resolve 16.2.3 New Features
- Support for Dolby Vision 4.1 CM algorithm to generate v2.9 trims from v4.
- Option to export a Dolby Vision v2.9 XML from a v4 project.
- Support for RED SDK 7.3.2.
- Faster Metal decoding for Canon EOS-1D X Mark III and EOS R5 clips.
- Fixed incorrect playback for some ARRIRAW clips.
- Addressed an issue with ACES IDTs for some ARRI MXF clips.
- Fixed a focus and text entry issue for editable media pool fields.
- Addressed an issue rippling audio extend edits in trim mode.
- Fixed display issues with track and edit index in Fairlight page.
- Addressed a layered editing issue when cloning audio clips.
- Addressed the following bugs:
- incorrect behaviour moving tracks over linked audio tracks.
- incorrect masking in Text+ when using image shading.
- erroneous behaviour deleting gradient points in inspector.
- multiple issues with blank Fusion previews.
- an issue persisting viewer LUTs with comps in Fusion page.
- an issue with offline reference wipe sizing in the viewer.
- Multiple performance and stability improvements.
Head over to Blackmagic Design’s support page here to download DaVinci Resolve 16.2.3 update.