Earlier today Blackmagic Design had a Live Production and Camera Update presentation during which, company CEO Grant Petty announced Camera Update 6.9 for the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K and 6K models.
This free update allows users to use the BMPCC 4K and 6K as “studio cameras” when paired with the Blackmagic ATEM Mini switcher. As such, new features include remote control of the camera parameters, lens and tally light as well as built in DaVinci colour corrector.
Camera Update 6.9 New Features
New Features for BMPCC 4K and 6K:
- Use Pocket Cinema Camera 4K and 6K as Studio Cameras with ATEM Mini
- Studio camera features include:
- Camera control via HDMI connection
- Remote lens control
- On air red tally indication
- Preview green tally indication
- DaVinci Resolve primary color corrector
- Remote camera settings/timecode sync
- Remote record trigger for Blackmagic RAW
- Preview and tally indicator on LCD
- Various stability and improvements.
- No other changes or additions to other cameras.
In case you missed, you can watch a replay of the Blackmagic Design Live Production and Camera Update below:
BMPCC 4K and 6K users can download Blackmagic Camera Update 6.9 from their support pages here.