Blackmagic Design has released a new Camera 7.4.1 update bringing some improvements to recording via their URSA Mini Recorder.
More specifically, 7.4.1 update improves the USB performance and stability when using Blackmagic URSA Mini Recorder to record on the Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K camera.
Check out the details of this update below.
Blackmagic Camera 7.4.1 – New Features
- Blackmagic URSA Mini Recorder
- USB performance improvements.
- What’s new in Blackmagic RAW 2.1
- native support for Apple Silicon on Mac.
- optimised CPU decoding for Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K clips.
- Blackmagic Gen 5 Color Science Technical Reference document.
- support for Blackmagic RAW clips from Panasonic S1H, S1, S5, Nikon Z 6II / Z 7II.
- Blackmagic RAW plugin performance improvements for Premiere Pro.
- General performance and stability improvements.
Minimum system requirements for Mac
- macOS 11.1 Big Sur or later / macOS 10.15 Catalina or later
Minimum system requirements for Windows
- Windows 10 64-bit or later
Check out this incredible footage shot by Seattle-based director and cinematographer, Note Suwanchote in 12K and 8K Blackmagic RAW on the URSA Mini Pro 12K.
Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K Features
- 12K Super 35 (12,288 x 6,480) 80 Megapixels
- Full RGB/Non-Bayer Sensor
- optimised and developed for BRAW
- 14 Stops Dynamic Range
- Native ISO 800
- Records 12bit Blackmagic Raw only
- up to 900MB/s on 2 x Cfast 2.0
- up to 500MB/s on 2 x SD UHS-II
- Resolutions/Frame rates:
- 12K 17:9 up to 60 fps at full-sensor
- 8K DCI up to 110 fps at full-sensor
- 4K DCI up to 110 fps at full-sensor
- 8K 2.4:1 and 4K 2.4:1 up to 140 fps
- 6K up to 120 fps (Super 16 crop mode)
- 4K up to 220 fps (Super 16 crop mode)
- Anamorphic Recording Modes
- 12K Anamorphic (7680 x 6408)
- 8K Anamorphic (5120 x 4272)
- 4K Anamorphic (2560 x 2136)
- Built-in 4 Stage IRND
- 2, 4, 6 stops (and clear)
- Designed for high-end cinema work
- 1 x 12G and 1 x 3G SDI outputs
- New Blackmagic RAW for real time 12K editing.
- Blackmagic RAW optimized for Metal, CUDA and OpenCL.
- Generation 5 Color Science with new film curve.
- Recording Media:
- CFast 2.0 cards x 2
- SD UHS-II x 2
- or to SSD via USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 2 out
- New URSA Mini SSD Recorder ($395)
- Ships with PL mount
- EF and Nikon F also available (interchangeable)
- Price: $9,995 USD you can order yours at B&H
To download the latest update head over to Blackmagic Design’s support page here.
via Blackmagic Design