Blackmagic Design has released Camera 7.3 update adding new features and improvements to the BMPCC 4K, 6K, and 6K Pro models.
Furthermore, the latest firmware update adds more pro monitoring tools to the Pocket camera range. New features added include built-in LCD calibration, an upgraded RGB histogram, color channel clipping indicators, and false color guide display to Blackmagic Pocket 6K Pro, 4K and 6K models.
Moreover, Camera 7.3 Update also brings new support for timecode via XLR mic inputs and improved auto focus and active lens control.
Gen 5 Color Science added to BMPCC 6K and 4K
And when it comes to the latest color science from the bigger URSA cameras, the new firmware update also delivers. Blackmagic Camera 7.3 update also adds support for Gen 5 color science to the Pocket 4K and 6K cameras.
In addition, other expanded functionality includes LCD screen dimming and the addition of Blackmagic RAW Q1 and Q3 constant quality recording modes to the Pocket Cinema Camera 4K and 6K models.
Additionally, 4K DCI Blackmagic RAW recording has been added to Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K.
Do check out the details of Camera 7.3 Update below.
Blackmagic Camera 7.3 Update Details:
New Features for Pocket Cinema Camera 4K, 6K and 6K Pro:
- Upgrades the luminance histogram to RGB histogram
- New color channel clipping indicators
- Added false color guide display
- New LCD screen calibration settings added
- Improves auto focus and active lens control
- Improves focus peaking visibility
- Fixes an issue with importing LUT’s and Presets
New Functionality for Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K and 6K:
- Generation 5 color science added to Pocket 4K and 6K cameras
- 4K DCI Blackmagic RAW recording added to Pocket Cinema Camera 6K
- Adds support for LCD screen dimming for power conservation
- New Q1 and Q3 Blackmagic RAW recording options added
URSA Studio Viewfinder
- Fixes bug that can cause image misalignment
New Improvements in Blackmagic RAW 2.0:
- Adds support for Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K
- Dual card recording now supported
- Updates to Blackmagic Generation 5 Color Science
- Adds DaVinci Wide Gamut and DaVinci Intermediate gamma support
- Adds support for Nikon Z 6II and Z 7II Blackmagic RAW clips captured by Blackmagic Video Assist
- General performance and stability improvements
Minimum system requirements for Mac
- macOS 11.1 BigSur or later
- macOS 10.15 Catalina or later
Minimum system requirements for Windows
- Windows 10 64-bit or later
To download Blackmagic Camera 7.3 update head over to BMD’s support page here.
via Blackmagic Design