Blackmagic Design releases Blackmagic Camera 7.2.1 Update adding some minor improvements to their flagship URSA Mini 12K camera.
Furthermore, these minor improvements for URSA Mini Pro 12K include better time remaining readout and adjustments to the focus assist feature.
Although this is just an incremental update, the top-end Blackmagic camera did get some major improvements and new frame rates in the previous firmware update 7.0, and other significant updates in the more recent Camera 7.2 update.
Blackmagic Camera 7.2.1 Update Details:
Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K Improvements:
- Improved time remaining readout for URSA Mini Pro 12K
- Improved focus assist thresholds
- Updates for manufacturing
- General performance improvements.
Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K Features
- 12K Super 35 (12,288 x 6,480) 80 Megapixels
- Full RGB/Non-Bayer Sensor
- optimised and developed for BRAW
- 14 Stops Dynamic Range
- Native ISO 800
- Records 12bit Blackmagic Raw only
- up to 900MB/s on 2 x CFast 2.0
- up to 500MB/s on 2 x SD UHS-II
- Resolutions/Frame rates:
- 12K 17:9 up to 60 fps at full-sensor
- 8K DCI up to 110 fps at full-sensor
- 4K DCI up to 110 fps at full-sensor
- 8K 2.4:1 and 4K 2.4:1 up to 140 fps
- 6K up to 120 fps (Super 16 crop mode)
- 4K up to 220 fps (Super 16 crop mode)
- Anamorphic Recording Modes
- 12K Anamorphic (7680 x 6408)
- 8K Anamorphic (5120 x 4272)
- 4K Anamorphic (2560 x 2136)
- Built-in 4 Stage IRND
- 2, 4, 6 stops (and clear)
- Designed for high-end cinema work
- 1 x 12G and 1 x 3G SDI outputs
- New Blackmagic RAW for real time 12K editing.
- Blackmagic RAW optimized for Metal, CUDA and OpenCL.
- Generation 5 Colour Science with new film curve.
- Recording Media:
- CFast 2.0 cards x 2
- SD UHS-II x 2
- or to SSD via USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 2 out
- New URSA Mini SSD Recorder ($395)
- Ships with PL mount
- EF and Nikon F also available (interchangeable)
- Price: $9,995 USD now in stock at B&H
You can head over to Blackmagic Design’s support page here to download Blackmagic Camera 7.2.1 update.