Blackmagic Design has just unleashed Blackmagic Camera 7.0 update, which adds more frame rates to the URSA Mini Pro 12K, including 12K/75fps and 8K/160fps slow-motion.
URSA Mini Pro 12K – Now with More Slow-Mo in 8K and 4K
Blackmagic Design say their engineers have been working super hard to get some more slow-mo “juice” out of that monstrous 12K sensor.
And their hard work has paid off – the URSA Mini 12K can now shoot in faster frame rates up to 75 fps in 12K 2.4:1 aspect ratio.
In addition, 8K and 4K DCI have been bumped to 120fps, and even up to 160fps when filming in 8K 2.4:1 and 4K 2.4:1.
Furthermore, the 4K Super 16 crop mode gets bumped to 240fps for smoother and cleaner slow motion.
Blackmagic RAW 80MP Still Capture
Another new feature in Camera 7.0 update is Blackmagic RAW stills capture. With it, users can capture insane 80MP reference frames for colour grading and continuity. In addition Blackmagic Camera 7.0 adds support for the Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K broadcast lens connector to power and control cine-servo zoom lenses.
And finally, the Blackmagic URSA Viewfinder now has new 12K LUTs and 12K exposure metering to display false colour and zebras correctly. This also ensures compatibility with the latest Blackmagic Generation 5 Color Science.
Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K – New Features:
- 12K/75fps in 2.4:1
- 8K/120fps DCI, 16:9 and 6:5 Anamorphic
- 4K/120fps DCI, 16:9 and 6:5 Anamorphic
- 4K and 8K/160fps (2.4:1 aspect ratio)
- 4K/240fps in Super 16 crop mode
- Blackmagic RAW stills capture support – 80MP frames
- Adds broadcast lens connector support
New features for Blackmagic URSA Viewfinder
- New 12K LUT’
- Adds support for new 12K exposure metering.
What’s new in Blackmagic RAW 2.0 Beta 2
- Added support for Blackmagic RAW 2.0 on Windows.
- General performance and stability improvements.
Head over to Blackmagic Design’s support pages here to download Camera 7.0 update.