Atomos introduces AtomX CAST expansion port accessory, which turns your Ninja V or Ninja V+ into a mini video switcher!
The compact modular accessory mounts to the back of the Ninja V/V+ via the expansion port providing 4 x HDMI inputs, an HDMI Program output (1080p/i), and a USB-C port connecting to a laptop or PC.
Aimed at video creators, who want to up their video production by adding broadcast quality multi-camera programs with intuitive controls and portability in mind.
However, the AtomX Cast is not just for video professionals. Gamers, Youtubers, podcasters and houses of worship can add professional broadcast quality features to their productions and also online meetings with ease.
Turn Your Ninja V/V+ Into a Portable Video Switcher
Furthermore, when docked with a Ninja V/V+, the new AtomX CAST becomes an all-in-one live switching and streaming solution. In addition, the crystal clear and high bright 5” touchscreen monitor gives users a great view of the 4 x HDMI inputs.
Moreover, the AtomX Cast comes with its own dedicated controls for easy access to some of its advanced features, as well as illuminated buttons for each input with coloured LED lighting to show Program and Preview status.
Multi-view gives you a “bird’s eye view” of all four inputs at once, complete with audio level monitoring. In addition, the Ninja V/V+ HDMI output can be used as a secondary output that can be set up as a duplicate program out, preview monitoring or a dedicated multi-view output.
The AtomX CAST + Ninja V combo is recognized as a high-quality webcam on the connected laptop or PC, giving it immediate access to popular conference call/virtual meetings apps such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Skype.
And more importantly, you will not need to install drivers on the computer, which can be a pain with traditional webcams. Nevertheless, the switching docking station will also automatically mix and match different frame rates up to 60p and even interlaced and progressive HD sources.
Advanced Functionality – Overlay Logos, PiP, Lower Thirds and more!
The unit also comes packed with advanced features giving users the ability to overlay logos, mast head graphics, Lower Third Titles and Picture-in-Picture.
Additionally, the internal processing does the heavy lifting, thus reducing the processing load on your computer and minimizing the risk of any system slowdown or crashes.
AtomX CAST Quick Features:
- Compact Quad HDMI Docking Station
- Turns Your Ninja V or V+ into a mini video switcher
- Mounts to Ninja V/V+ via Expansion port on the back
- 4 x HDMI Inputs
- Tactile Source Select Buttons
- Video Switching Functions:
- Graphic Overlays, Picture-in-Picture, Streaming Output
- Mixed Resoultion Output up to 1080p60
- Convert Progressive & Interlaced
- Mirror, Program, Preview, 4-Up Display
- UVC/Live Streaming with AtomX Connect
- Output to recording device supported
- Video Inputs:
- 4 x HDMI
- Video Outputs:
- 1 x HDMI Program/Preview and 1 x USB Type-C
- 4 x Source Select Buttons
- 4 x Programmable Function Buttons
- Ninja V or V+ Monitor Touchscreen
- Video Resolution Supported:
- 1080p: 60, 59.94, 50, 30, 29.97, 25, 24, 23.98
- 1080i: 60, 59.94, 50
- Picture in Picture (PIP): Yes, 4 x Positions
- Mounting: Battery Mount of Ninja V or V+ Monitor
- Power Input: 6.2 to 16.8V DC
- Power Connector: 1 x Locking Coax
- Tally Light: Yes
- 4 x Source Select
- 4 x Function
- Timecode: Yes, Embedded
- Cooling: Passive
- Construction Material/Design: ABS Plastic
- Mounting: 1/4″-20 and 3/8″-16 Threads on Base
- Weight: 1.06 lb / 485 g
Pricing and Availability
The unit is expected to arrive sometime next month in July. For more details head over to the Atomos website here.