The Atomos Ninja V can now record up to 5.9K ProRes RAW from the full-frame Lumix S1 mirrorless camera with latest AtomOS 10.63 update.
In addition, thanks to AtomOS 10.63, the Panasonic/Lumix S1 budget full-frame camera can output a RAW signal via HDMI, which is then encoded onto the Ninja V in 12bit ProRes RAW up to 5.9K in 24p (23.98p), 25p, and 29.97p.
Furthermore, I should note that the Lumix S1 also requires to be updated to firmware v2.0 to unlock this functionality, as well as many other improvements.
See more details on what’s new in Firmware v2.0 for the Lumix S1 below:
LUMIX S1 Firmware v2.0 Update Details:
Features and functions available with the Upgrade Software Key DMW-SFU2 include*:
- RAW output via HDMI – recorded as ProRes RAW on Atomos NINJA V
- Full-frame 5.9K (5888 x 3312) 29.97p/25p/23.98p
- Super 35mm 4K (4128 x 2176) 59.94p/50p/29.97p/25p/23.98p 17:9
- Super 35mm Anamorphic 3.5K (3536 x 2656) 50p/29.97p/25p/23.98p
- 6K (5952 x 3968) / 5.9K (5888 x 3312) / 5.4K (5376 x 3584) video recording mode in MOV format:
- 6K/24p, 4:2:0 10bit LongGOP, 200Mbps, LPCM
- 5.9K/30p/25p/24p, 4:2:0 10bit LongGOP, 200Mbps, LPCM
- 5.4K/30p/25p, 4:2:0 10bit LongGOP, 200Mbps, LPCM
- Time Code support
Features and functions available without the Upgrade Software Key DMW-SFU2 include:
- Added Dual Native ISO Setting
- Users can choose to add or not to add camera orientation information in [Vertical Position Info (Video)] menu to prevent unintended image rotation in playback.
- Power Save Mode – can be selectable while the camera is powered with an AC adaptor
Panasonic Lumix S1 ProRes RAW Resolutions and Frame Rates supported:
- 12bit ProRes RAW Recording:
- 5.9K (16:9) 5888 x 3312 at 29.97, 25, 23.98
- 4.1K 4128 x 2176 at 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25, 23.98
- 3.5K (4:3) 3536 x 2656 at 50, 29.97, 25, 23.98
- WB and ISO metadata for FCP settings slider adjustments
- Requires firmware version 2.0 to be installed on the camera
Head over to Atomos’ website to download the latest update.